The phenomenon of spam messages has a negative impact on the means of electronic communication, which is a major inconvenience and threat to users of telecommunications services. In this regard, the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) issued Decision No. 395/1439 AH dated 3/11/1439 AH adopting the limits of SPAM. The controls included the mechanisms that enable users of telecommunications services to control the promotional messages and block unwanted messages, by providing a free filtering service for users via SMS, This service will prevent the users from receiving spam messages. The controls also included categorizing and defining the types of all messages received (other than promotional) "service messages, warning, awareness and personal" so that they are sure to reach all users.
You can access the link below to learn about anti-spam restrictions:Spam SMS Limitations Controls
stc offers its customers a free service to control unwanted promotional messages with a number of options, when subscribing to the SPAM SMS Limitations Controls service by sending 3311 to 900.
To block promotional messages completely, send 3311 to 900. To unblock promotional messages, send 3322 to 900.
- To block promotional messages from a specific sender, send the name of the person to 801001.
- To unblock promotional messages from a specific sender, send the name of the person to 801002.
- To know more details about the list of blocked individuals: send an empty SMS to 801001.
- To unblock the list of blocked individuals: send DELALL to 801002.
- If you are receiving bill notification message for a billing account that isn’t yours, kindly send this code 7000*Billing Account Number to 909