stc respects your privacy and it is our objective to provide excellent service to all our customers. This privacy notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law and Regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to help you understand the nature of data we collect from you and how this data will be treated by stc.
This privacy notice applies to all sectors and business units in the Company. All Company staff, contractors, and vendors working either on a permanent or temporary basis are obliged to follow the outlined standards.
Why We Collect and Use Your Personal Data:
To provide you the highest standard of service and products, we collect and use your personal data.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Contractual – to fulfil our service obligations to you.
- Legitimate interest - for activities such as certain types of marketing, preventing fraud and ensuring network and information security.
- Consent – for other activities such as information, sales & certain types of marketing.
- Legal obligation – to comply with government requirements including but not limited to, national security and protection of public health.
- Public Interest - for processing based on public entities requests or for public interest purposes e.g. Awareness messages.
The purposes of this data collection including but not limited to:
· Enabling us to develop, enhance, market and/or deliver products and services to stc customers.
· Enabling and supporting our operation and systems to ensure continuity and quality to our services and provide accurate billing and enable us to process payments for products and services.
· Understanding your needs as customers and your eligibility for products and services and recommend products and services that would be relevant to you.
· Communicating new product and services launched.
· Resolving any queries or complaints you may have and allows us to provide you a personalized customer experience across all our channels.
· Provide reports to third parties and/or our enterprise clients where such reports don’t contain any personal information about you or any information that may identify you as a person in accordance with local privacy regulation
· For Credit Checks in certain scenarios e.g. when contracting for any new products or services, and we sometimes supplement the information we collect about you with information from other sources to assess the accuracy of the information that we hold e.g. data from governmental entities.
· For Fraud Prevention where we process your traffic data in order to protect against and detect fraud, to protect and detect misuse or damage to our networks, to recover debts or trace those who owe us money resulting from the use of our services
In addition, stc may work with other entities to ensure quality of service is provided. If your personal data is disclosed to these entities, it shall be restricted to the purposes specified in this privacy notice for which you have provided consent.
What Personal Data We Collect and Use:
The main types of personal data we collect from you and use include:
· Data required when registering with our services (such as name, e-mail address, address, phone number, date of birth, nationality, gender).
· Data required for you to use of our services, websites or mobile apps (such as cookies and usage data).
· Data exchanged during communications with you (such as customer support requests and feedback from you).
· Device data for product recommendations and solving technical complaints (such as Device ID).
· Data required to improve operational services and resolve network related complaints (such as Customer location data).
How We Collect Your Personal Data:
We may collect personal data in different ways, including:
Product and Services – When you register, use or sign a contract to become our customer and use one of our products or services.
Direct Interactions – When you complete a form and send it to us via our website, mobile apps, by email, post or via a phone call to our call center. This includes any personal data you provide to us when making an enquiry or taking part in a promotion.
Social Media Interactions – Any posts and interactions you have directly with us on social media channels.
Browsing – Data about how you are using our web site, including the date and time of your visit, the type of Internet Browser you use and how you were referred to our web site.
Web Surveys – Our online web surveys enable us to gather specific data regarding issues such as your feedback on the look and feel of our website and mobile apps. Additionally, we may also request information on several elements of our Customer Service. Your feedback is vital, appreciated and enables us to enhance the quality of Customer Service we provide. The provision of your name and other details is optional.
Telecommunication Network – When you use stc networks.
Privacy Information Specific to stc Website and Mobile Apps Usage of Cookies:
· Keeping you signed in
· Necessary for operation of the website
· Understanding how you use our website and mobile apps.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data:
Your personal data is retained only for the duration necessary to fulfil its intended purposes and meet legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting obligations. stc ensure data deletion after this necessary duration and avoid collecting third-party personal data unless required by law.
Data Protection and Disclosure:
We take the protection of your data very seriously and will employ appropriate organizational and technical data protection and security measures and procedures – including internal audit, external audit, training of staff and contractors on privacy and reporting to our audit and data governance steering committees and regulatory authorities – to safeguard your data from any unauthorized disclosure or processing.
stc always maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all personal data collected. Such data may only be disclosed or shared when approved and required by law, or when we believe that such action is necessary or desirable to provide products and services, or technical support and according to Why We Collect and Use Your Personal Data section.
stc does not rent, sell, exchange, or transfer your personal data to third parties outside of stc or partner companies without your permission unless it is collected without identifiers on an aggregated basis for analytical purposes, studies, reports with adherence to personal data protection acts and regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Additionally, we may share information with trusted third parties who assist in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you, provided they commit to maintaining its confidentiality.
Except for cases of extreme necessity to preserve the life or health of an individual, their vital interests or to prevent, examine or treat an infection, stc may not transfer personal data outside the Kingdom or disclose it to a party outside the Kingdom, unless this is in implementation of an obligation under a convention to which the Kingdom is a party, or to serve the interests of the Kingdom.
Therefore, stc will not disclose your personal data without your consent except under the following circumstances where the entity requesting disclosure is a public entity and in which case the data will be shared in strict accordance with the controls and procedures set out in the Personal Data Protection Law of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
· for security purposes
· to implement another law
· to meet judicial requirements
· to protect public health or safety
· to protect the life or health of a particular individual(s).
Your Customer Rights
As a customer, you have the following rights at any time in accordance with the relevant laws, legislation and regulations; unless there are legal, regulatory or judicial restrictions that prevent this:
- Right to Be Informed: Customers have the right to be informed about the purpose and type of personal data that stc have about them.
- Right To Access: Customers have the right to access or obtain a copy of their personal data held by stc through the 'Privacy' section in their mystc account.
- Right To Rectify: Customers have the right to correct, complete or update their personal data held by stc through the 'Privacy' section in their mystc account.
- Right To Withdraw Consent: Customer has the right to revoke his consent, block marketing calls, or stop receiving promotional messages by calling the customer service center 900, mystc account, or visiting our branches
Please note that the provision of personal data is a pre-contractual requirement. Therefore, failure to complete personal data collection as required by stc will impact provision of the requested services. This might include termination of requested services.
Changes to this privacy notice:
To ensure that we continue to offer the best possible experience and the highest level of protection to you, we reserve the right to update the Privacy notice as and when necessary and appropriate. For example, in compliance with new laws. Any update to this privacy notice will be available here. We therefore recommend you check it periodically. This version was last updated on Monday 30 October 2023.
Contact us with your questions and comments:
In case of any questions, comments, or complaints you can reach us via sales office, email, chat, social media or through mystc portal and mobile apps or call customer service center on 900.
The competent supervisory authority for stc activities is the Communications, Space and Technology Commission (CST)
Links to Other Websites
Our website and mobile apps may contain links to third party sites, which may be subject to separate privacy policies. These sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their own privacy policies.