Mar 15, 2020
stc : 3,000 employees are working remotely during the next two weeks
stc responded to the precautionary measures taken by relevant government entities to address the threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and prevent its spread, by declaring that more than 3,000 employees began working remotely for a period of two weeks, as part of one of the main pillars of stc’s “DARE” strategy which focuses on digitally transforming stc’s operational capabilities. Eng. Ahmad bin Misfer Al Ghamdi, stc Group Human Resources Vice President, stated that last week stc granted all mother employees the benefit of working remotely in conjunction with the decision by the relevant authorities to activate distance education, in order to enable mothers to stay with their children and support them in their daily lessons.
Al Ghamdi added that these steps build on the success of stc’s efforts to facilitate the benefit of working remotely which was made available to stc employees through the company’s official system in the last two years, allowing employees 5 days per month to work remotely to ensure their safety and accommodate their needs.
stc has previously taken the initiative to provide the benefit of working remotely to all its employees in Al Qatif region. Additionally, as part of the precautionary measures undertaken by stc, a cellphone fingerprint system has been adopted, which is a technology only utilized at stc. The traditional fingerprint system has been suspended to ensure the safety of all employees.
Today, stc is classified among the top digital companies in the world, ranking in the 44th place as the best digital company globally and first in the Middle East region according to Forbes magazine. Furthermore, 95% of stc’s services are available online through the digital platform via its my stc app, in addition to the self-service machines deployed in public places across various cities in the Kingdom. It is also worth noting the success stc has achieved last year during its Digital Day Initiative, when all customer service and retail offices were closed as part of its efforts to reinvent customer experience.
- The Biggest Electronic Sports (FIFA, Fortnite, PUBG) Tournament Launched with Prizes Up to SAR 500 Thousand
- A 100 million riyal initiative from stc to support health care in the Kingdom Doubling Operational Efficiency At 22 stc Health Care Centres To Serve 5 Million Beneficiaries
- 1.6 Billion Free Awareness Messages in 44 Days, in 10 Languages, for Coronavirus Prevention
- Nasser Al Nasser: KSA is No. 10 worldwide in terms of internet speed and telecommunication companies are making our country proud by being worthy competitors.
- Digitizing 7 Million Contracts Saves 200,000 Annual Waiting Hours