Apr 08, 2019
STC announces a successful Call on a 5G smartphone for the first time in MENA
STC announced today that a successful call has been accomplished using a 5G smartphone for the first time in MENA region and among the first globally, in cooperation with its strategic partners. This launching is the initial phase for operating the service once 5G handsets are available in the global markets. STC Group CEO Eng. Nasser S. Alnasser confirmed that STC is committed to provide the latest innovative technologies in alignment with its key role as the digital enabler to achieve the objectives of Saudi 2030 vision, which should reflect positively on the quality of services and solutions provided by STC in health, educations, mining and energy sectors. In May 2018, STC launched its first 5G live network for the first time in the MENA Region. STC has also been leading 5G testing activities since 2017. Early this year, STC endorsed a “Daring” strategy of universal 5G deployment by pursuing a Kingdom-wide 5G coverage, incorporating all large cities in the Kingdom, assuring that its has successfully rolled out an initial 5G network comprising 450 new sites kingdom-wide. The successful call on a new 5G handset paves the way for our customers to enjoy many new services and capabilities provided by the new 5G network. STC will continue to provide innovation and quality to its valued customers once 5G devices becomes available in the global markets.
- 18 international companies participate in the largest ICT event in the Kingdom in preparation for 5G
- Al Nasser Wins 2019 Top CEO Award
- STC announces a successful Call on a 5G smartphone for the first time in MENA
- SAR28 Billion in Internet of Things Revenues in The Saudi Market in 2030
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces the first global Multi-Vendor Integration in its 5G Network