Jan 12, 2021
stc Appoints Eng. Olayan M. Alwetaid as group CEO effective March 28th 2021
stc announced appointing Eng. Olayan M. Alwetaid as group CEO effective March 28th 2021.
In a press release, stc stated that Eng. Olayan has more than 20 years of experience. He initially worked at Aramco then joined Saudi Telecom Company and has gradually worked his career within stc; he recently was the Senior VP for Consumer sector, before that he was the CEO of stc Bahrain. He heads the Boards of Directors of several stc subsidiaries such as Channels, Integral, and CCC. He is also the Vice Chairman of the BoD of stcPay and the chairman of several committees related to the mentioned Boards.
Eng. Olayan has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from King Fahad of Petroleum and Minerals University and has many certifications in the field of ICT, leadership and strategic planning.
- Meqyas government report: stc has the fastest 5G downloading network in the Kingdom
- Singing a settlement agreement between Saudi Teelcom Company (stc) and Etihad Atheeb Telecommunication Company (GO)
- Saudi ARAMCO, stc and Huawei Signed a Memorandum of Understanding to Launch a Joint Innovation Program for 5G Technology Utilization in Oil & Gas Industry
- Brand Finance: stc Is the Most Valuable Brand Amongst Telecommunications Companies in the Region Reaching US$9.2 Billion.
- stc’s Net Profit for Q4 and 12 months period of 2020 compared to the comparable quarter and same period of last year