Technical ProcurementThe Technical Procurement function leads the development of Technology sourcing and encompasses Access Network, Core Network, Network Infrastructure, OSP, Information Technology and Network Services & Solutions. It covers the most influential area of Procurement functions which represent more than three quarters of all STC spends.
Commercial ProcurementThe Commercial Procurement function revolves around three areas Marketing, Materials and Facilities Management.
In addition to these two functions, Procurement Performance and Operations function plays a pivotal role in selecting the most appropriate suppliers to deliver best value for money, quality, and where appropriate, sustainability for STC sectors.
It helps also identify and prioritize Procurement & Support Services Sector strategic initiatives while supporting Technical and Commercial Procurement functions to achieve their objectives and deliverables for each initiative.
Procurement Performance & Operations functions administers two areas: Contracting and Analytics & Enablers.
All these functions work closely and heavily involved in rolling out Procurement activities:
- Managing effective relationships with suppliers, to deliver beneficial commercial and pricing terms and conditions, while ensuring Saudi Telecom Company’s ambitious savings targets for all categories.
- Exploring market potential by identifying, evaluating and selecting suppliers and contractors.
- Managing supply base efficiently and effectively.
- Driving improvements to the suppliers and contractor’s performance by setting high standards, providing ratings and identifying areas for improvement.
- Setting policy, procedures and processes to ensure that high quality products and services are delivered in timely manner.
- Managing agreements and contracts with all suppliers and contractors, including contract amendments and legal endorsements.
- Leading and managing RFQ by supporting cross-functional team from different sectors.
- Introducing and leveraging appropriate technology, business intelligence tools and web application for documents and file management.