Feb 24, 2016
STC awards Gemalto and Comarch to implement new IoT connectivity platform serving Saudi market with m2m application.
Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the largest telecommunication services provider in the Middle East and North Africa and the leading operator within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, has selected Gemalto, the world leader in digital security, and Comarch, a global powerhouse specialized in the design, implementation and integration of advanced IT services and software, to implement IoT connectivity management platform. New Platform is expected to provide STC with competitive edge in the IoT and digital service space in addition to create new proposition for different market sectors.
Telecommunication and ICT services are evolving and Saudi Arabia is facing big demand for IoT and digital services. New platform will enable STC to extend its growth through the introduction of products and services to attract different Players in the internet of things echo systems using of Mobile, Fixed networks and other access capacity and to provide new innovative solution to increase revenues and market share.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies