Mar 03, 2015
STC Deploys First Ericsson Radio Dot System In Middle East
- Saudi Telecom Company STC is the first operator in the region to deploy Ericsson’s state-of-the-art Radio Dot System.
- A smart and creative solution that enables superior user experience and addresses a broad range of scenarios for providing high-quality access to mobile broadband and voice services indoors.
- STC customers will enjoy better performance and improved coverage.
Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) and Saudi Telecom Company (STC) have teamed up to deploy Ericsson’s state-of-the-art Radio Dot System solution. It is the first deployment of its kind in the Middle East. The Ericsson Indoor Radio Dot System fully integrates with the outdoor WCDMA and LTE networks. It provides seamless coverage STC’s personal and business customers in the broadest range of in-building deployment scenarios, ensuring the delivery of consistent high performance voice and data services. The deployment will also support scalable capacity for the broadest range of enterprise buildings and public venues, including the under-served, high-growth, medium-to-large buildings and venues category. Abdullah Alzmame, Network VP at STC; “We are pleased to be working with Ericsson, to inaugurate its Radio Dot System. At STC, we have long placed customer satisfaction at the core of our operational ethos. This partnership will help us in providing our business customers with the highest standards of telecommunications services. In practice, it will ensure that they have access to fast and reliable indoor mobile connectivity and enjoy the best possible network experience.” Ali Eid, President Ericsson Saudi Arabia: added: “Ericsson’s Radio Dot System has been deployed to offer business customers in KSA a seamless user experience and a cost-effective, convenient solution to indoor coverage challenges. With our Radio Dot System, STC users will benefit from high performance voice, data coverage and capacity.” Over the past 14 years, STC and Ericsson have built a successful relationship pinned by a string of milestones. Their joint ventures, which include cutting-edge products, network enhancement initiatives, and innovative customer service offers, have left a clear mark on Saudi Arabia’s telecommunications industry.
- Brand Finance: STC is the Most Valuable Brand in the Middle East
- STC Net Income for the 4th quarter increased 10% to reach SR 2.15 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 4th quarter
- STC Announces the successful conduct of a 5G test, reaching a phenominal speed of 70 Gega bit per second
- Strategic Alliance Between STC and GE in Industrial Internet Technologies