Dec 27, 2021
stc test MENA’s first ORAN on live network
stc in collaboration with its partners stc Solutions and Altiostar, becomes the first operator in the MENA region to run live ORAN session’s. ORAN is a revolutionary technology that promises to change the landscape of wireless service offering. ORAN runs on virtualized and modular software cloud-based technologies, delivering solutions in a quick and efficient manner.
The test of ORAN marks another milestone in stc’s drive towards excellence, strengthening its position as the leading operator in the MENA region, having previously been the first operator to launch commercial 5G services in 2018.
With ORAN stc will provide the foundation for next-generation wireless networks, improving the quality of many real-time services and enabling an endless number of use-cases in a fully virtualized network infrastructure, aiding interoperability, diversity and open ecosystem.
ORAN will keep stc in line with its strategic drive for a bright digital future aligning with its DARE strategy and being an essential ingredient of Kingdom’s drive towards digitization which is an instrumental element of Kingdom’s 2030 vision.
Eng. Khaled Aldharrab, VP, Infrastructure, stc, said: “Open RAN is a large and crucial part of stc’s future virtualized infrastructure. This technology is promising to change the way we currently think of Network solutions, providing: Openness, disaggregation, speed, efficiency and reduced time to market. The future of Cloud-Native, modular software and Micro-services will go far in addressing the customers high expectations and delivering our future vision.
- Meqyas government report: stc has the fastest 5G downloading network in the Kingdom
- Singing a settlement agreement between Saudi Teelcom Company (stc) and Etihad Atheeb Telecommunication Company (GO)
- Saudi ARAMCO, stc and Huawei Signed a Memorandum of Understanding to Launch a Joint Innovation Program for 5G Technology Utilization in Oil & Gas Industry
- Brand Finance: stc Is the Most Valuable Brand Amongst Telecommunications Companies in the Region Reaching US$9.2 Billion.
- stc’s Net Profit for Q4 and 12 months period of 2020 compared to the comparable quarter and same period of last year