Oct 11, 2017
STC Signs A Mutual Agreements with Nokia, Ericsson, and Huwawei to Boost Mobile Broadband Capacity
STC Signed Mega Deals with a number of international companies (Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei) on the margin of GITEX Dubai 2017. The first agreement was signed with Nokia to boost mobile broadband capacity and coverage in Saudi Arabia using Nokia’s 4.5G-Pro technology. The agreements were signed by Emad A. Alaoudah, Procurement and Support Services Sector VP at STC, in the presence of Dr. Khaled H. Biyari, STC Group CEO, and Nasser Alnasser, SVP of Technology and Operations at STC. The enhanced network will meet the ever-increasing demands of end customers, including the millions of visitors who travel to the cities of Mecca and Medina each year, particularly during the Hajj and Ramadan seasons. Furthermore, the NB-IoT will enable STC network infrastructure to evolve into the new era of digitization, which is a solid step towards the new programmable world. The second agreement was signed with Huawei for 5G-Ready network with Huawei to support STC’s 5G strategy, satisfy subscribers’ ever-increasing demands, drive Saudi ICT industry development, and to support the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision and the National Transformation 2020 Plan. The third agreement was signed with Ericsson upon which, Ericsson provides STC with managed services to enhance customer experience, network performance and process quality, as well as passive managed infrastructure services, electro-mechanical equipment for mobile access sites, facility management during crises and electromechanical management of technical sites.
- STC announces a contract for TV and digital broadcasting and the marketing sponsorships with the GSA and SAFF
- STC’s Net Income for Q2 2018 increased by 3.74% compared to the comparable quarter last year
- Minister of CIT Launches (STC Solutions) Program for Cybersecurity
- STC celebrating a Mega Agreements for 2018 Projects with its Strategic Partners (Huawei, Ericsson, Nokia)
- STC BECOMES THE FIRST SAUDI ENTITY TO BE ADMITTED MEMBERSHIP TO THE WORLD-RENOWNED FORUM OF INCIDENT RESPONSE AND SECURITY TEAMS (FIRST).