Mar 08, 2020
stc signs United Nations Women Empowerment Principles
As part of the Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative “Ring the Bell for Gender Equality”, stc signed the United Nations Women Empowerment Principles. The event was held by the Saudi Stock Exchange, Tadawul, along with 90 financial markets around the world, in conjunction with International Women’s Day. The document was submitted in the presence of Maha AlNuhait, GM of Sustainability Program at stc and Janneke van der Graaff - Kukler Deputy Regional Director at UN Women.
The Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative has five pillars of activity: Partnerships to achieve Goals, Climate Action, Responsible Consumption and Production, Decent Work and Economic Growth and Gender Equality.
The stc’s interaction with International Women's Day confirms the company's commitment to achieving sustainable development goals and implementing best sustainability practices in the company by supporting Saudi women and allowing them to hold executive positions.
stc has previously launched the first board to empower women and enhance their participation in the business market. This stems from the company’s belief in the importance of investing in its employees and providing them with the best opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge. This step comes in line with Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030, and stc’s commitment to the national transformation program, which aims to enable the community categories to get into the market, making it more of a trend thus increasing Saudi women economic participation.
- Unlimited free internet to social media on the 90th Saudi National Day
- One million jobs are expected to be created over 5 years due to the digital transformations in the Kingdom
- 1 million interactions on "Tawakkalna" platform... customer satisfaction rates for phone calls exceeds 93%
- stc announces the first deployment of 5G stand-alone in MENA region
- stc launches a new permanent telecommuting policy