Mar 08, 2020
stc signs United Nations Women Empowerment Principles
As part of the Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative “Ring the Bell for Gender Equality”, stc signed the United Nations Women Empowerment Principles. The event was held by the Saudi Stock Exchange, Tadawul, along with 90 financial markets around the world, in conjunction with International Women’s Day. The document was submitted in the presence of Maha AlNuhait, GM of Sustainability Program at stc and Janneke van der Graaff - Kukler Deputy Regional Director at UN Women.
The Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative has five pillars of activity: Partnerships to achieve Goals, Climate Action, Responsible Consumption and Production, Decent Work and Economic Growth and Gender Equality.
The stc’s interaction with International Women's Day confirms the company's commitment to achieving sustainable development goals and implementing best sustainability practices in the company by supporting Saudi women and allowing them to hold executive positions.
stc has previously launched the first board to empower women and enhance their participation in the business market. This stems from the company’s belief in the importance of investing in its employees and providing them with the best opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge. This step comes in line with Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030, and stc’s commitment to the national transformation program, which aims to enable the community categories to get into the market, making it more of a trend thus increasing Saudi women economic participation.
- The Biggest Electronic Sports (FIFA, Fortnite, PUBG) Tournament Launched with Prizes Up to SAR 500 Thousand
- A 100 million riyal initiative from stc to support health care in the Kingdom Doubling Operational Efficiency At 22 stc Health Care Centres To Serve 5 Million Beneficiaries
- 1.6 Billion Free Awareness Messages in 44 Days, in 10 Languages, for Coronavirus Prevention
- Nasser Al Nasser: KSA is No. 10 worldwide in terms of internet speed and telecommunication companies are making our country proud by being worthy competitors.
- Digitizing 7 Million Contracts Saves 200,000 Annual Waiting Hours