Nov 19, 2019
STC Launches Micro Trench Technology for the First Time in Saudi Arabia
STC has launched the first network expansion project by using Micro Trench technology, which does not require pavement shaving and re-asphalting, making STC the first company in the telecommunications sector to get involved in this first-of-its-kind initiative across the Kingdom.
The launching was attended by the Vice Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Eng. Haytham Al-Ohali, Governor of the Communications and Information Technology Commission, Dr. Mohammed Al-Tamimi, Deputy Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Dr. Khalid Al-Jammaz, and STC Group CEO, Eng. Nasser Al Nasser.
Micro Trench technology, is one of the initiatives launched by of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology in partnership with the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs. This technology depend on extending small-diameter ducts and cables to low depths below the surface of the ground. Micro Trenching has been tested at a depth of 30 cm and width of 3 cm.
This new technology will help protect roads and road users while maintaining smooth flow of traffic during the execution of works. It will also boost STC’s network expansion projects, ensuring faster service delivery to customers. In addition to raising the efficiency of the final product in line with the objectives of the quality of life program of vision 2030.
- STC Launches Their Own Board to Empower Women And Reinforce Female Participation in The Business
- For the First Time in the Formula E History... 5G Services Are Provided to the Public in Diriyah
- STC Launches Micro Trench Technology for the First Time in Saudi Arabia
- Meqyas Report: STC has the Fastest Mobile Internet Speed in Saudi Arabia
- MySTC Receives App of the Year Golden Award at the 2019 IT World Awards