Aug 04, 2021
Ookla Report: stc ranked top mobile operator in KSA by speed and coverage
Ookla, the global leader in mobile network, internet and data testing and analysis, and provider of accurate and reliable reports on performance and coverage of global networks, has announced that stc was named Speedtest Award Winner for mobile network speed during Q1-Q2 2021, achieving Speed Score of 111.74. Further, stc was named KSA Speedtest Award Winner for the best coverage among the mobile operators in Saudi Arabia, achieving Coverage Score of 842.
These results are based on Ookla's speed and coverage metrics, after comparing 3.33 million tests on iOS and Android mobile applications across the local mobile operators. When analyzing operators, Ookla solely considers top operators selected in 3% or more of total testing samples across the market for the entire award period. Ookla also uses Speedtest to measure mobile network and internet performance and quality, providing data and insights into country trends and an analysis on drivers of market developments.
As per its report specialized in the analysis of performance and availability of 5G networks in major cities around the world, Ookla recently announced Riyadh to rank sixth among the fastest capitals globally in 5G network performance in the first half of 2021, with an average download speed of 384.66 Mbps, following the Swedish capital Stockholm. This constitutes a remarkable success reflecting the KSA’s efforts to develop the CIT infrastructure and its support for the digital transformation process. This ranking reflects stc Group’s success and role in building an advanced 5G network in the Middle East; particularly, the networks of stc Kuwait and stc Bahrain cover the cities of Kuwait and Manama, which also ranked seventh and fifteenth fastest capitals respectively.
- stc launches special offers on devices and packages with discounts of up to 50%
- stc and Dawiyat Integrated, signed a partnership agreement to cooperate in providing Internet of Things
- stcplay Launches the Largest Million-Riyal Electronic Gaming Contest for the First Time in the Kingdom
- Next Sunday, the start of individuals subscription, and the total value of institutional subscription reached 471 billion Saudi Riyals
- The electronic gaming market in the Middle East leaps to USD 6.3 billion during 2021