Jun 04, 2018
STC Inaugurates a Modern Data Centre with Global Standards
STC inaugurated the new data Centre in Riyadh, in the Presence of HRH Prince Mohammad K Al Faisal Alsaud, Chairman of the Board, and Dr. Khaled Biyari, Vice Chairman of the Board, and Haitham Alohaly, Deputy Miniser of CIT. On this occasion, Nasser AL Nasser, STC Group CEO, confirmed that this hub is one of the most modern in terms of capabilities and technologies and will act positively in supporting STC`s role in enabling digital services for private and public sectors, according to the growth strategy and digitization in line with 2030 vision. Pointing out that modern data hubs are considered a corner stone for digital transformation in the Kingdom. The Centre was built in (AlRaidah Digital City) in Riyadh according to high global standards. It is ranked in the fourth tier, which is the highest according to (Uptime Institute), and among the top ten in the world. By inaugurating this centre, STC will have the largest capacity for data centres in the Middle East. In addition to, hosting the biggest ICloud Service in the region, supporting key global platforms that makes the base of infrastructure to comply with the requirements of launching modern technologies such as IOT, Smart Cities, and Cybersecurity.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
- STC participating in FII as strategic partners