May 15, 2020
stc Group and Nokia sign a strategic 5-year Master Frame Agreement
stc Group and Nokia signed a five-year Master Frame Agreement (MFA) to further strengthen their strategic partnership. The agreement aims to expedite buying process of Nokia’s latest equipment, software and services for stc Group to introduce innovative services faster to its subscribers as a pioneer. This will allow stc Group companies to seamlessly buy advanced technologies such as 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), IP & Optical network technologies, and customer experience management from Nokia’s end-to-end portfolio for mobile and fixed networks.
For the first time in the region, the agreement was remotely signed due to COVID-19 pandemic, purely relying on software innovations and demonstrating the power of AR and AI. These technologies enabled Virtual Signing Ceremony in a digital environment . The agreement was signed by the signatories stc GCEO and by Rajeev Suri, President and CEO of Nokia.
stc Group CEO Nasser Suliman Al-Nasser said: “This strategic partnership with Nokia, supports Saudi Vision 2030 focused on leveraging advanced technologies for digital transformation and growth of the country, aligning with stc Rawafed Programme that aims to enhance local content”. “we strive to introduce advanced technologies and services faster as a true pioneer and ensure that enrich our subscribers’ lives”. He added
Amr K. El Leithy, SVP of Middle East and Africa market at Nokia said: “We are committed to bringing our technology innovations to stc in an agile manner, and supporting stc Vision to be a world-class digital leader, empowering innovative services and platforms for digital transformation. This agreement is a major milestone in the stc -Nokia strategic ties and is a strong testimony of the solid relationship we have built with STC over the years.”
- stc and Nokia team up to operate Technology Innovation Center
- stc expanded the 5G network by 130% to accommodate the digital increase The Group contributed to the success of the G20 summit by implementing 90 security standards and using the newest security system in the world
- Western Union acquires 15% of stc pay for $200 million
- 5G Coverage Supports the International Media Center during G20 Summit
- stc intends to establish a premier digital hub for the MENA region