stc and Cubic Telecom look forward to accelerating the introduction of car connectivity solutions in the Kingdom
Cubic Telecom, which specializes in in-car connectivity solutions, and stc collaborate and look forward to working jointly towards accelerating the introduction of in-car communication solutions in line with the regulations for cars sold in Saudi Arabia.
Cubic software enables the registration of no-touch devices and in-car connectivity that are pre-configured for the area's regulatory requirements. stc works with Cubic on a range of in-car services, including eCall support, which will become mandatory in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The "Emergency calls" system automatically alerts emergency services in the event of an accident.
"Cubic Telecom works to boost the performance of car manufacturers and provide in-car services in key markets, and we are happy to work with stc to help car manufacturers activate new opportunities in a very important market," Barry Napier, CEO of Cubic Telecom, said.
Dr. Sultan Binsaeed, Vice President for Business Development at stc said: "The partnership between stc - as a digital facilitator - and Cubic streamlines the provision and management of services within the car and gives us a basis to innovate and meet the changing needs of our customers as new services evolve."
Cubic Telecom provides connectivity software solutions in more than four million vehicles and "live" devices in more than 90 countries. It has already collaborated with some mobile network operators in the region and now with stc in Saudi Arabia. The Kingdom is investing heavily in telecommunications infrastructure, and the government is working closely with stc to create strong networks, including plans for the largest fifth-generation deployment in the Middle East.
- stc is one of the best workplaces for career growth in Saudi Arabia
- Over SAR 5 million from stc’s “Furijat with qitaf” campaign contribute to the release of 36 prisoners.
- stc’s Net income for Q1 of 2021 compared to the corresponding quarter last year increased by 1.34%
- stc donates SAR 10 million to Ehsan platform, while continuing to provide it with technical support through the "Technical Empowerment" program
- stc Is a Digital Enabler and a Strategic Partner for the SAFEIS