Feb 11, 2019
STC Announced the Largest 5G Network in the Middle East
Following the launch of its first live 5G network in May 2018, STC has announced that it provided 450 locations with 5G network across the Kingdom as an initial phase, achieving the highest reach level in the MENA Region and one of the highest reach levels worldwide.
STC has also announced that it is working on completing the following phases of spreading the 5G services on a wider scale to ensure keeping up with the newest global technologies, improving digital services, and enriching the customer experience across the Kingdom.
Commenting on its early preparedness to introduce the network’s new generation although 5G devices are currently not available in the markets for customers, STC said in a statement that this reflects its continuous initiatives as a digital leader, meeting customers’ expectations of advanced services in ICT accelerating market. In addition, it stated that a larger number of advanced technical services and solutions operated in high Internet speed would be available to customers by the second half of 2019. It also praised the Ministry of Communications and Information and the Communications and Information Technology Commission for the support has been providing in this regards.
It is worth noting that STC launched its first 5G live network in last May for the first time in the MENA Region after the success of its 5G experiments and trials. On this occasion, STC stated that its pioneering position in launching modern information technology services reflects the advancement of the communications and information technology sector in the Kingdom, stressing that this advancement is part of the Kingdom’s digitization plans and NTP 2020 objectives.
- STC appointed Fay Al-Alshaikh as Product Portfolio Strategy GM
- STC & Philips to unlock telehealth’s potential to transform care in Kingdom
- STCPay Appoints a New Board of Directors Chaired by Khaled Al Jasser with 6 Expert Members
- STC has Contributed SAR 168 Billion to the Kingdom's GDP Over 19 Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q1 2019 compared to the corresponding quarter last year increased by 6.3%, and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for Q1 2019