Feb 28, 2018
STC Enters into a New Chapter of Collaboration by Signing 5G MoU Agreement with Huawei
STC today signs Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with its long-standing strategic ICT partner to collaborate on the innovation of 5G network technologies and services. This MoU will outline the road towards 5G for STC through leading 5G joint activities to achieve “Super High Speed”, “Ultra Low Latency” and “highly reliable extreme capacity broadband network”. This agreement aims to support Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, and achieve the full national digitalization transformation. The two companies are committed to cooperate in the 5G network launch in 2018, thereby maintaining STC’s pioneering position in the telecommunications industry. This MoU also prepares the ground for advanced joint innovations, leveraging latest 5G technologies and cultivating 5G services to fulfil ever-growing market expectations, in the new digital era. Eng. Nasser Al-Nasser, STC Group CEO, said: “Our mission is to enrich society by introducing innovative services to our deserving customers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and across the region. We are very proud to enter into 5G Agreements with our long-term partner to realize this mission. We are confident that we collectively have the knowledge and innovation power that will enable us to move fast towards the 5G Era. While we celebrate this collaboration on shaping the future of 5G, we are very excited about the prospects and the promise that comes with the new 5G network.” MR. ZHAO LIANG, President of STC Key Account Dept., Huawei, said：“STC and Huawei share common understanding of industry trends and National vision. Nowadays ICT industry is undergoing digital transformation. 5G, Big Data, Cloud and IoT technology are the keys for leading industry development and digital transformation in next 10 to 15 years. As the biggest ICT provider, Huawei is confident to support STC to achieve the vision of 2030 through our partnership.”
- Inauguration of the First Digital STC Store in KSA Offering Services 24 hours
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation