Aug 10, 2019
Record Numbers in Mobile Data Usage Reach 7 TB
For the first time, STC has shouldered the consumption of 7 GB data. Over 7 TB was used in Mina, 6 TB of which was over the mobile network in Mina, an increase of 39% over last year, and 5.1 TB over the 4G network, an increase of 57% over last year, in addition to 7 GB over 5G.
The number of subscribers increased by 14% compared to last year, the number of roaming customers increased by 12%, and the network recorded distinct success indicators exceeding 99.7%.
STC has launched the 5G network and made it available primarily in three services: Wi-Fi, holograms, and drones. Pilgrims can connect to the high-speed network via Wi-Fi at a number of locations in the Holy Mosque, Holy Places, and camps there.
- The Biggest Electronic Sports (FIFA, Fortnite, PUBG) Tournament Launched with Prizes Up to SAR 500 Thousand
- A 100 million riyal initiative from stc to support health care in the Kingdom Doubling Operational Efficiency At 22 stc Health Care Centres To Serve 5 Million Beneficiaries
- 1.6 Billion Free Awareness Messages in 44 Days, in 10 Languages, for Coronavirus Prevention
- Nasser Al Nasser: KSA is No. 10 worldwide in terms of internet speed and telecommunication companies are making our country proud by being worthy competitors.
- Digitizing 7 Million Contracts Saves 200,000 Annual Waiting Hours