Dec 29, 2018
STC signs 3 agreements within “Rawafed” program to maximize the local content
The Saudi Telecom Company (STC) signed three new agreements under Rawafed Program with Cisco, Ejada and Amwaj Factory. STC previously signed 7 agreements, bringing the total to 10. These agreements aim at building partnerships to improve the innovative environment of the inspireU business incubator which will help in the transfer of international knowledge and expertise to emerging projects. The agreements focus on increasing the Saudization of leadership positions, supporting small and medium-sized enterprises and nationalizing the industry. They also aim to support innovation and enable digitization as part of STC’s commitment to achieve the goals of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 which seek to maximize the local content and enable digital transformation. The agreements were signed by STC’s Vice President for Procurement and Support Services Sector Eng. Emad Bin Aoudah Al Aoudah and by Region GM in Cisco, Salman Faqeeh, and by GM of Ejada Hani Al Husseini in addition to chairman of Amwaj Ahmed Al Samadi. On his part, STC’s Chief Executive Officer, Eng. Naser Bin Sulaiman Al Nasser, discussed the results of Rawafed Program stating that the Program managed to achieve a 20-40% increase in Saudization, in addition to its efforts in supporting small and medium-sized enterprises and the nationalization of the industry. He also pointed out that in 2018, STC began working on developing and expanding the manufacturing of optic fibers in addition to the implementation of several plans aimed at producing high-tech products. He also provided details about the progress being made regarding the construction of 4 innovative centers which he said will be officially opened in few weeks.
- STC Group Launches 5G Commercial Services in Saudi Arabia after Kuwait and Soon in Bahrain as the First Operator in the MENA Region to Offer such Services
- STC appointed Fay Al-Alshaikh as Product Portfolio Strategy GM
- STC & Philips to unlock telehealth’s potential to transform care in Kingdom
- STCPay Appoints a New Board of Directors Chaired by Khaled Al Jasser with 6 Expert Members
- STC has Contributed SAR 168 Billion to the Kingdom's GDP Over 19 Years