Dec 17, 2017
Ministry of Communication and STC Signed an Agreement to Qualify 800 Student for Qualitative Jobs
The Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, and STC signed a memorandum of understanding agreement to train 800 Saudi graduates’ students to qualify them for qualitative jobs that requires high skills in the Communication and IT sector. Signing ceremony was in the presence of Abdullah Alsawaha, Minister of CIT, and Dr.Khaled Biyari, STC Group CEO. It aims to enhance cooperation between the two parties to develop Saudi talents and achieve objectives of the National Transformation Program 2020 and vision 2030. Deputy Minister of planning and development Dr. Mohammad Almushaigh, and STC HR VP Ahmed Alghamdi signed the agreement, which includes a training program in Riyadh for four years in many domains in the CIT sector. The training is targeting those who meet the requirements of Saudi graduates from local and foreign universities. The agreement align with both parties strategy to enhance capabilities in CIT. The Ministry put a complete scenario for the beneficiaries of the initiatives and divided them into three categories: users, professionals, and experts. The Ministry relies on the knowledge and experience of STC Group in training and qualifications that are in line with the global digital transformation in the sector, National transformation program 2020 and the Kingdom's Vision 2030.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
- STC participating in FII as strategic partners