Feb 12, 2018
Governor of Riyadh inaugurates STC academy…first educational institute to build digital skills in the region
HRH Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Riyadh, inaugurated STC Academy for digital learning and training, which is one of STC initiatives to achieve the Kingdom`s Vision 2030 and to build digital skills and enable E-services in the Kingdom. After the inauguration, that took place in the Academy`s Headquarter at Rafal Tower Riyadh, STC Group CEO Dr. Khaled Biyari, confirmed that STC is one of the leading companies that play a positive role in different fields. Khaled Biyari stressed that establishing the academy reflects STC strategy for digitization, and meet the increasing demand in CIT market. He stated:” Our vision is to make the academy a unique hub for digital leaders and specialists in the Kingdom. Our mission is to enhance the role of information and communication, especially in providing digital services, innovative solutions, gain customers trust and enrich the society. In addition, to build the skills of Saudi capabilities in this domain, and lessen the gap between demand and supply in CIT industry”. Pointing out that his highness honoring of the academy reflects the great role this institution will play in developing Saudi human factor in line with the ambitious Kingdom vision of 2030 for digital transformation. Biyari added:” The academy will provide quality training in modern areas that witness increasing demand for important domains such as cyber security, data analysis, modern digital technology and leadership skills, in collaboration with prestigious academic institutions from America and Britain such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, London Imperial College, and Michigan School of Business as well as partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership. Noting that the initial plan for the academy is to develop hundreds of digital leaders during this year and we aim to increase this number significantly in 2019".
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
- STC participating in FII as strategic partners