Feb 12, 2018
Governor of Riyadh inaugurates STC academy…first educational institute to build digital skills in the region
HRH Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Riyadh, inaugurated STC Academy for digital learning and training, which is one of STC initiatives to achieve the Kingdom`s Vision 2030 and to build digital skills and enable E-services in the Kingdom. After the inauguration, that took place in the Academy`s Headquarter at Rafal Tower Riyadh, STC Group CEO Dr. Khaled Biyari, confirmed that STC is one of the leading companies that play a positive role in different fields. Khaled Biyari stressed that establishing the academy reflects STC strategy for digitization, and meet the increasing demand in CIT market. He stated:” Our vision is to make the academy a unique hub for digital leaders and specialists in the Kingdom. Our mission is to enhance the role of information and communication, especially in providing digital services, innovative solutions, gain customers trust and enrich the society. In addition, to build the skills of Saudi capabilities in this domain, and lessen the gap between demand and supply in CIT industry”. Pointing out that his highness honoring of the academy reflects the great role this institution will play in developing Saudi human factor in line with the ambitious Kingdom vision of 2030 for digital transformation. Biyari added:” The academy will provide quality training in modern areas that witness increasing demand for important domains such as cyber security, data analysis, modern digital technology and leadership skills, in collaboration with prestigious academic institutions from America and Britain such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, London Imperial College, and Michigan School of Business as well as partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership. Noting that the initial plan for the academy is to develop hundreds of digital leaders during this year and we aim to increase this number significantly in 2019".
- STC announces a contract for TV and digital broadcasting and the marketing sponsorships with the GSA and SAFF
- STC’s Net Income for Q2 2018 increased by 3.74% compared to the comparable quarter last year
- Minister of CIT Launches (STC Solutions) Program for Cybersecurity
- STC celebrating a Mega Agreements for 2018 Projects with its Strategic Partners (Huawei, Ericsson, Nokia)
- STC BECOMES THE FIRST SAUDI ENTITY TO BE ADMITTED MEMBERSHIP TO THE WORLD-RENOWNED FORUM OF INCIDENT RESPONSE AND SECURITY TEAMS (FIRST).