Aug 14, 2019
Hajj 1440AH: Traffic Volume has grown in peak hours to more than 366%
Chief Executive Officer of STC, Nasser bin Sulaiman Al Nasser, extended congratulations to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques HH King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and HH Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, on the occasion of the success of the current Hajj season for 1440 AH.
Al-Nasser stressed that this success is due to the efforts of the head of state and various government sectors by providing quality services for the first time in Hajj season, such as providing 5G network for pilgrims for the first time in the holy sites, Makkah and Medina. The 4G network has been also expanded by an additional 50% over last year, which in turn reflected the absorption of an increase in the number of internal customers in the peak hours up to 23% from last year in addition to a 12% increase in international roaming customers who chose STC. This is a development that contributed to the growth of traffic volume which reached its peak up to 137% for next year, while the share of growth of the fourth generation was more than 173% compared to last year. Aiming for an innovative customer experience, VoLTE traffic volume has grown in peak hours to more than 366% over last year.
Al-Nasser also congratulated His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal bin Abdulaziz, Advisor to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Governor of Makkah Region and Chairman of the Central Hajj Committee, for the success of the national campaign “Hajj is Worship and Civilized Behavior” to raise awareness among pilgrims. STC participated actively in its support, as well as its participation in the information plan of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology under the title of #Smart_Hajj on social networking sites. In addition to the constant support of the Communications and Information Technology Commissio, all in line with the goals of digital transformation according to the 2030 vision, and the company's strategy DARE as an enabler of digital transformation.
- The Biggest Electronic Sports (FIFA, Fortnite, PUBG) Tournament Launched with Prizes Up to SAR 500 Thousand
- A 100 million riyal initiative from stc to support health care in the Kingdom Doubling Operational Efficiency At 22 stc Health Care Centres To Serve 5 Million Beneficiaries
- 1.6 Billion Free Awareness Messages in 44 Days, in 10 Languages, for Coronavirus Prevention
- Nasser Al Nasser: KSA is No. 10 worldwide in terms of internet speed and telecommunication companies are making our country proud by being worthy competitors.
- Digitizing 7 Million Contracts Saves 200,000 Annual Waiting Hours