For the First Time in the Formula E History... 5G Services Are Provided to the Public in Diriyah
For the first time in the Formula E history, the Diriyah public will have access to 5G services in 2019, provided by STC, as a digital enabler of one of the most world famous electric motorsports competitions taking place in Riyadh for the second, consecutive year. On that occasion, STC announced the completion of the deployment of the 5G network across various Diriyah locations, where visitors and attendees will enjoy the ability to use the latest network generation via 5G-enabled devices. In this respect, it is worth mentioning that STC allocates a dedicated pavilion for visitors, thus providing them with the chance to experience its digital services, in particular 5G-related ones, such as driving simulators and smartphones, as well as the STC Pay application and other self-service devices. This comes as part of STC’s commitment to keep pace with the technological revolution and to enrich the lives of its customers in line with its pivotal role played in enabling digital transformation in KSA. STC was the first company to launch a live 5G network in KSA and the Middle East in May 2018. Additionally, STC was the first operator to launch commercial 5G services in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain last June.
- Four initiatives launched including a virtual clinic to facilitate healthcare services
- 86% Record Data Traffic Increase on Eid and 99% Jump in Internet Speed
- Forbes: stc is the top Telecom Company in the MENA Region
- stc Group signs MoU to join the GSMA APAC IoT Partnership Programme for the first time MENA
- stc confirms switching-off its 3G network