Aug 11, 2019
75% Increase in Data Consumption in Muzdalifah and 90% in Arafat
Holy Places, August 11, 2019:STC reported a 75% increase in data volume compared to last year, with data transmitted over 4G increasing 92%, and an increase of 12% and 23% respectively in the number of lcoal and international customers choosing STC.
While mobile data usage in Arafat increased by 90%, 4G usage grew by 108%; customer numbers and international roaming increased by 4%.
For the first time in the Holy Places, the company allowed pilgrims to use the 5G network in several locations, reflecting the technical advancement of the Kingdom's digital infrastructure, in line with Vision 2030’s digital transformation goals.
The company also published 2952 access points for Wi-Fi networks distributed in the Holy Places, Mecca and Medina. STC completed all technical and field preparations to facilitate traffic in Mina; the company focused on raising the capacity of the network during the pilgrimage season this year, working to ensure that all outgoing calls from the Kingdom to all countries of the world were done smoothly.
- STC Launches Their Own Board to Empower Women And Reinforce Female Participation in The Business
- For the First Time in the Formula E History... 5G Services Are Provided to the Public in Diriyah
- STC Launches Micro Trench Technology for the First Time in Saudi Arabia
- Meqyas Report: STC has the Fastest Mobile Internet Speed in Saudi Arabia
- MySTC Receives App of the Year Golden Award at the 2019 IT World Awards