Aug 11, 2019
75% Increase in Data Consumption in Muzdalifah and 90% in Arafat
Holy Places, August 11, 2019:STC reported a 75% increase in data volume compared to last year, with data transmitted over 4G increasing 92%, and an increase of 12% and 23% respectively in the number of lcoal and international customers choosing STC.
While mobile data usage in Arafat increased by 90%, 4G usage grew by 108%; customer numbers and international roaming increased by 4%.
For the first time in the Holy Places, the company allowed pilgrims to use the 5G network in several locations, reflecting the technical advancement of the Kingdom's digital infrastructure, in line with Vision 2030’s digital transformation goals.
The company also published 2952 access points for Wi-Fi networks distributed in the Holy Places, Mecca and Medina. STC completed all technical and field preparations to facilitate traffic in Mina; the company focused on raising the capacity of the network during the pilgrimage season this year, working to ensure that all outgoing calls from the Kingdom to all countries of the world were done smoothly.
- The Biggest Electronic Sports (FIFA, Fortnite, PUBG) Tournament Launched with Prizes Up to SAR 500 Thousand
- A 100 million riyal initiative from stc to support health care in the Kingdom Doubling Operational Efficiency At 22 stc Health Care Centres To Serve 5 Million Beneficiaries
- 1.6 Billion Free Awareness Messages in 44 Days, in 10 Languages, for Coronavirus Prevention
- Nasser Al Nasser: KSA is No. 10 worldwide in terms of internet speed and telecommunication companies are making our country proud by being worthy competitors.
- Digitizing 7 Million Contracts Saves 200,000 Annual Waiting Hours