Jan 11, 2018
Establishment of an international Advisory Board to STC’s Board of Directors
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Saudi Telecom Company, Dr. Abdullah Al-Abdalqader, has announced the establishment of an external Advisory Board with the objective of enhancing and complementing the expertise of STC’s Chairman and its Board of Directors.
The Advisory Board is composed of senior executives across several industry sectors with significant experience and wide industry networks to support the execution of STC’s ambitious DARE strategy that will see the company double in size and transform into a leading digital player. The members of STC’s Advisory Board include:
- Christopher Rogers: co-founder of Nextel Communications and formerly SVP of M&A and investments at Sprint, Chris is currently a partner at Lumia Capital, an expansion-stage tech VC focused on emerging markets
- Roy Chestnutt: Executive VP Corporate Strategy for Verizon, Board member of GSMA and Chairman of Chief Strategy Officers Group, GSMA, Roy is responsible for development and implementation of Verizon's overall corporate strategy, including business development, joint ventures, strategic investments, acquisitions and divestitures
- Matt Klainer: Senior Director, Communications Products Global Partnerships at Google, Matt leads partnerships for Google's communications products, including RCS/Android Messages, Allo, Duo, Project Fi and emerging technologies like eSim
- Rolando Balsinde, Director Emeritus McKinsey &Company. Rolando is currently based in Hong Kong
- STC announces a contract for TV and digital broadcasting and the marketing sponsorships with the GSA and SAFF
- STC’s Net Income for Q2 2018 increased by 3.74% compared to the comparable quarter last year
- Minister of CIT Launches (STC Solutions) Program for Cybersecurity
- STC celebrating a Mega Agreements for 2018 Projects with its Strategic Partners (Huawei, Ericsson, Nokia)
- STC BECOMES THE FIRST SAUDI ENTITY TO BE ADMITTED MEMBERSHIP TO THE WORLD-RENOWNED FORUM OF INCIDENT RESPONSE AND SECURITY TEAMS (FIRST).