Jan 11, 2018
Establishment of an international Advisory Board to STC’s Board of Directors
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Saudi Telecom Company, Dr. Abdullah Al-Abdalqader, has announced the establishment of an external Advisory Board with the objective of enhancing and complementing the expertise of STC’s Chairman and its Board of Directors.
The Advisory Board is composed of senior executives across several industry sectors with significant experience and wide industry networks to support the execution of STC’s ambitious DARE strategy that will see the company double in size and transform into a leading digital player. The members of STC’s Advisory Board include:
- Christopher Rogers: co-founder of Nextel Communications and formerly SVP of M&A and investments at Sprint, Chris is currently a partner at Lumia Capital, an expansion-stage tech VC focused on emerging markets
- Roy Chestnutt: Executive VP Corporate Strategy for Verizon, Board member of GSMA and Chairman of Chief Strategy Officers Group, GSMA, Roy is responsible for development and implementation of Verizon's overall corporate strategy, including business development, joint ventures, strategic investments, acquisitions and divestitures
- Matt Klainer: Senior Director, Communications Products Global Partnerships at Google, Matt leads partnerships for Google's communications products, including RCS/Android Messages, Allo, Duo, Project Fi and emerging technologies like eSim
- Rolando Balsinde, Director Emeritus McKinsey &Company. Rolando is currently based in Hong Kong
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
- STC participating in FII as strategic partners