Feb 27, 2018
Assigning Nasser Al Nasser as STC Group CEO
Saudi Telecom Company announces that, upon the Royal Decree appointing HE Dr. Khaled Bin Hussain Biyari as Assistant Minister of Defense for Executive Affairs, the Board of Directors approved on February 26, 2018, the resignation of HE Dr. Khaled Bin Hussain Biyari from his position as Chief Executive Officer of the Company. The Board of Directors expressed their thanks and appreciation to HE Dr. Khaled Bin Hussain Biyari for his excellent efforts during the tenure of the CEO of the Company, wishing him success in his new position. On February 26, 2018, the Board of Directors decided to assigned Eng. Nasser Bin Sulaiman Al Nasser as acting Chief Executive Officer of the Company starting from 26/2/2018 for a period of six months, with the wishes of the Board for success. Eng. Nasser Bin Sulaiman Al Nasser holds a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, He has extensive experience in the telecommunications sector started with the launch of mobile services in 1996, where he played a key role in the establishment of the mobile network and its expansions. He then moved to CITC. During that period, he played a key role in opening the market and issuing mobile and data licenses. He also worked for Mobily in charge of the network and information technology sector. In 2015, he moved to Saudi Telecom Company as s senior VP for technology and operations. In 2018, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer of Saudi Telecom Company, and currently he is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of STC Solutions and a member of the Board of Directors of the Turkish Telecommunications Company, and the Turkish company Avia. Nasser Al Nasser has many specialized courses in communications and networks, as well as advanced courses in finance and leadership.
- Inauguration of the First Digital STC Store in KSA Offering Services 24 hours
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation