May 07, 2018
Alnasser calls for building a sustainable digital economy as a priority for the region
Eng. Nasser Al Nasser, STC Group CEO, called for building a new and sustainable digital economy in the region that Is in line with the rapid changes in the industry and in modern technologies. he stressed, in a speech at Telecom Leaders’ Summit 2018 organized by SAMENA Telecom Council, stressed on the importance of accelerating development efforts and building new partnerships in order to build a new digital economy in the region. He also emphasized on understanding challenges to benefit from the dynamic changes in the sector, especially regarding the accelerating technologies, supporting digital economy and understanding the best practices. He explained that any digital or economic challenges can be surpassed and invested optimally whenever there is an enhancement to the benefit of partners and an understanding of their interests, especially the interaction between economic policies and trends of the telecom sector and the digital world, which will contribute largely in the success of government policies and provide high-quality services for consumers and communities . in his first speech as a chairman of SAMENA Telecom Council, he expressed his hope that the Council will play a vital role for the benefit of the members from the leaders of the governmental and private sectors, through the exchange of views and visions and stimulate positive discussions in order to raise the efficiency of planning and development efforts. Eng. Al Nasser presided the annual meeting of the organization in Dubai in the presence of a number of executives and leaders of Telecom Companies and regulatory bodies.
- Inauguration of the First Digital STC Store in KSA Offering Services 24 hours
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation