Nov 13, 2017
Biyari: STC Focuses on Attracting the Saudi Talented People and Investing in the Digital Infrastructure
Dr. Khaled Biyari, STC Group CEO, confirmed that the region is full of young people who are creative and capable of contributing to the positive transformation of the region`s economies, when they have the right environment. Dr. Biyari and during his participation in the opening session of the Forum of Building Digital Economies in the Arab World titled "The Digital Arab World, the most important challenges and opportunities" organized by the World Economic Forum (WEF), on the margin of the annual meeting of future global councils that took place in UAE pointed to what is happening in the Kingdom, where the Government and private sector give a great focus to incubators, and the rapid development of the digital economy through young leaders, contrary to the prevailing view that the region is not attractive to the talents and creators. Biyari, who is a member of Regional Business Council (RBC), stressed that The digital transformation carries with it many opportunities to speed up the region's economies to cope with global transformation and thus contribute to opening up significant opportunities to increase the efficiency governments and companies work in one hand, and to provide growth opportunities in the region and reduce the dependence on natural resources on the other hand. Pointing out that investment in digital infrastructure like: advanced networks, data centers and platforms is one of the most important steps to be taken, citing the large projects the Kingdom is witnessing in this regard. Arab leaders from the public and private sectors who participated in the forum called for accelerating the shift in economic strategies in Arab countries, in line with the digital and technical transformations taking place in the world's economies. Pointing out that the leaders of public and private sectors are required to adopt new methodologies in education and economy to promote the construction of an economic system suitable for the current stage of a fourth industrial revolution, especially through investment in technology and digital infrastructure.
- Inauguration of the First Digital STC Store in KSA Offering Services 24 hours
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation