Aug 10, 2019
Serving more than one million pilgrims in six hours via critical communication technology
The number of pilgrims who were served by STC critical communication technology, which was used by the General Cars Union of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah on Tarwiyah Day at Mena, amounted to more than one million pilgrims in 6 hours. Through 2,000 transport lines on which the pilgrims boarded 10,000 buses, the Union was able to serve pilgrims through Tetra critical communication network. The network, whose capacity was increased during 1440 Hajj season by 31%, can accommodate huge working groups, in addition to its high security and high encryption level for calls, and its 99.99% dynamic operation in emergencies. Ordinary communication networks are not able to handle call traffic in the case of emergency, especially in crowded places, such as the Holy Places, where more than 2 million communication users meet in one place. The Ministry of Health also relied on STC critical communication technology for running ambulance convoys, which served ill pilgrims who were hospitalized in Medina hospitals to the Holy Places in Mecca to complete pilgrimage rituals. The Ministry relied on Tetra critical communication network all the way from Medina to Mecca for a highly seamless experience. STC constructed, developed and expanded several sites, alongside with the Holy Places. It established other networks in vital areas of the Kingdom, e.g. most airports and ports of the Kingdom and the Industrial Zone. It constructed 210 towers, with a plan to cover all major cities and vital regions in the Kingdom.
- STC Launches Their Own Board to Empower Women And Reinforce Female Participation in The Business
- For the First Time in the Formula E History... 5G Services Are Provided to the Public in Diriyah
- STC Launches Micro Trench Technology for the First Time in Saudi Arabia
- Meqyas Report: STC has the Fastest Mobile Internet Speed in Saudi Arabia
- MySTC Receives App of the Year Golden Award at the 2019 IT World Awards