Dec 28, 2017
STC Starts constructing the largest Network Operation Centre in MENA
Saudi Telecom Company “STC” announced the start of constructing the largest Network operations centre in MENA, in order to enhance the company's strategy for digital transformation, enabling digital services and enriching experience of individual and corporate customers in alignment of Kingdom’s vision 2030. The centre, which will be located at the King Abdulaziz Telecom Complex in Al-Mursalat district in Riyadh and is expected to be completed in 2019, includes smart control and operation methods for all network components, information systems and modern data centres established by the company in different regions. On this occasion, Dr. Khaled Biyari, STC Group CEO, stated” the new national network control centre is an important investment in the future of technology in our country. STC company has prepared itself in the best way to serve the company's customers from corporate and individuals”. Biyari expected the project to be completed during 2019, thanking all those who participated in the work inside and outside STC. In October, STC signed a contract with Al Latifia Trading and Contracting Company to establish a four-story control centre, equipped with the latest information technology and high-resolution digital display systems to enhance operational standards , standards and specifications of data centres, electronic surveillance and protection systems to ensure the safety of equipment and personnel within the building. The centre is expected to increase the efficiency of customer and business services and enhance the company's position as a regional provider of Internet, data and communications services.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
- STC participating in FII as strategic partners