Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
Riyadh, Oct 24, 2018: STC group CEO Nasser Alnasser declared that STC has taken significant steps to enable digitization, smart cities, cloud, IOT, 5G services, and to play a leading role in the development of future telecommunication and ICT infrastructure. In his participation in a panel discussion during Future Investment Initiative (FII), Al-Nasser Said: "We are very clear about our DARE strategy, encompasses all the facts on how STC will play its national champion role not only on the infrastructure side but in platforms and digitization as well in alignment with 2030 vision”.
Alnasser stated, “Innovation and continued investment can help accelerate global digital transformation. To secure a leadership position in the digital world, we should build on our existing strengths, encourage investment in digital infrastructure, and stimulate demand for digital services”
Mr.Alnasser declared, “There are three important directions in the digitalization process; develop digital infrastructure, actively promote digitalization in the industry, accelerate the development of digital talents and foster digital soil” on STC digitalization plans.
STC, which is one of seven strategic partners of FII is aspire over the next 5 years to substantially grow, through expansion in both geographical footprint and businesses portfolio’ Alnasser confirmed.
"Our aim will be to selectively pursue value-creating opportunities to pioneer the digital transformation of KSA and the MENA region. STC has set forth its vision to become a ‘world-class digital leader providing innovative services and platforms to our customers and enabling the digital transformation of the MENA region" Al-Nasser Said.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has been elected to the GSMA Board, the world's largest mobile organization
- Tarig Enaya at the Future Investment Initiative: 10 Billion to Be Invested in Smart Cities in the Next Four Years
- STC’s Net Income for Q3 2018 compared to the comparable quarter last year and the 2nd quarter this year increased by 2.9% & 8.1% (respectively), and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 3rd quarter.
- Future Investment Initiative: Al-Nasser urged to innovation and investment to accelerate digital transformation
- STC participating in FII as strategic partners