Jan 07, 2021
5G coverage for the GCC summit center in Al-Ula
The stc Group played a remarkable technical and digital role in the city of Al-Ula during the 41st GCC Summit, named the "Summit of Sultan Qaboos and Sheikh Sobah". In a recent press release, stc announced powering the summit’s meeting center in Al-Ula with the 5G network, and serving the Mirror Theatre with fiber-optic technology. Furthermore, the Group also secured a backup with microwave technology and satellite technology (VSAT), installed and operated 17 mobile towers with 11 equipped mobile sites to cover the summit’s location and the roads leading to it, and provided 9 different networks for audio, Internet, and inter-site connection. As a digital enabler of the 2030 Agenda, stc confirmed its continued commitment to providing the Kingdom with the latest network technology and the most reliable ICTs in various events and across different locations.
- stc’s Net Profit for Q4 and 12 months period of 2020 compared to the comparable quarter and same period of last year
- stc Group launches the Advanced Technology and Cybersecurity Company
- Aramco and stc unveil Dammam 7 Supercomputer Dammam 7 will be among the world’s top 10 supercomputers
- stc Appoints Eng. Olayan M. Alwetaid as group CEO effective March 28th 2021
- 5G coverage for the GCC summit center in Al-Ula