Jan 07, 2021
5G coverage for the GCC summit center in Al-Ula
The stc Group played a remarkable technical and digital role in the city of Al-Ula during the 41st GCC Summit, named the "Summit of Sultan Qaboos and Sheikh Sobah". In a recent press release, stc announced powering the summit’s meeting center in Al-Ula with the 5G network, and serving the Mirror Theatre with fiber-optic technology. Furthermore, the Group also secured a backup with microwave technology and satellite technology (VSAT), installed and operated 17 mobile towers with 11 equipped mobile sites to cover the summit’s location and the roads leading to it, and provided 9 different networks for audio, Internet, and inter-site connection. As a digital enabler of the 2030 Agenda, stc confirmed its continued commitment to providing the Kingdom with the latest network technology and the most reliable ICTs in various events and across different locations.
- Meqyas government report: stc has the fastest 5G downloading network in the Kingdom
- Singing a settlement agreement between Saudi Teelcom Company (stc) and Etihad Atheeb Telecommunication Company (GO)
- Saudi ARAMCO, stc and Huawei Signed a Memorandum of Understanding to Launch a Joint Innovation Program for 5G Technology Utilization in Oil & Gas Industry
- Brand Finance: stc Is the Most Valuable Brand Amongst Telecommunications Companies in the Region Reaching US$9.2 Billion.
- stc’s Net Profit for Q4 and 12 months period of 2020 compared to the comparable quarter and same period of last year