Aug 08, 2019
196 Sites of 5G to serve Pilgrims in Makkah, Al Madinah and the Holy Places
Holy Places, August 8th, 2019:
STC has deployed its 5G network in 196 sites in Al-Madinah, Makkah and the holy places, aiming at providing distinguished services to the pilgrims of the Holy Mosque in addition to serving the participating sectors. STC offers many services, technologies and digital solutions in Hajj season for the year of 1440 AH.
The company also provided 230 vehicles for network technical support along with 55 maintenance centers and 50 emergency technical teams, working around the clock to serve pilgrims and various sectors operating in the pilgrimage. STC has provided more than 190 service centers distributed in many areas such as airports, pilgrims accommodation places and points of sale which are equipped with electronic recharge technology, as well as 20 sales platforms between Mina and Arafa. In terms of after-sales service, the company has provided, free of charge services around the clock to pilgrims that include activation of Sim cards, technical support and others. STC was also keen to provide free umbrellas and water bottles for water conservation that contribute in environment preservation in all locations which the pilgrims pass through during the performance of Hajj rituals.
- 1 million interactions on "Tawakkalna" platform... customer satisfaction rates for phone calls exceeds 93%
- stc announces the first deployment of 5G stand-alone in MENA region
- stc launches a new permanent telecommuting policy
- Microsoft report: 16% of Saudi institutions consider AI a top priority
- stc Introduces Education Package and Offers Discounts on Baity Fiber Starting from 50%