Mar 29, 2020
1.6 Billion Free Awareness Messages in 44 Days, in 10 Languages, for Coronavirus Prevention
More than 1.6 billion awareness messages (1,671,784,695) have been transmitted by stc out of their social responsibility during the last 44 days, in 10 different languages.
stc began its awareness campaigns early on prevention of the Coronavirus, specifically on the 13th of last February, as it broadcasts its messages in Arabic and English and eight other languages to millions of citizens and residents, in cooperation with a number of government agencies, such as the Ministries of Health, Interior, Education, Hajj and Umrah, in addition to the Communications and Information Technology Commission. The awareness messages were also transmitted in Chinese, German, Malay, Persian, Spanish, Korean, Tagalog and Urdu.
These messages come within the stc initiatives to launch awareness campaigns that are implemented in partnership with the relevant official authorities to contribute to raising awareness of the prevention of the new Coronavirus epidemic (COVID-19).
- Four initiatives launched including a virtual clinic to facilitate healthcare services
- 86% Record Data Traffic Increase on Eid and 99% Jump in Internet Speed
- Forbes: stc is the top Telecom Company in the MENA Region
- stc Group signs MoU to join the GSMA APAC IoT Partnership Programme for the first time MENA
- stc confirms switching-off its 3G network