The Customer’s Rights and Responsibilities
- The right to know the service details, features, prices, any restrictions and exceptions to the usage, or any penalties for violating these restrictions and exceptions.
- The right to get the service as agreed in the subscription contract, according to CITC regulations.
- The right to obtain a copy of the service subscription contract: signed and approved by the service provider. Upon request, the customer can obtain a copy of the contract at any time, for up to one year after canceling the service.
- The right to receive a receipt (soft or hard copy) for any payment to service provider with details about the paid service : type of service, paid amount and the date.
- The right to be served in all service providers outlets and not limit the services to specific outlets.
- The customer`s right of his information and communications confidentiality. it`s not permitted to be accessed, listened to or recorded.
- The right to receive clear, correct and detailed invoices without charge on a regular basis. Upon request, either Arabic or English, Soft copy or hard copy.
- The right to have a credit limit for the service, documented in contract and monthly invoice.
- The right to reduce the credit limit, but not be less than the minimum value of the package, and it should not be increased without the customer request.
- The right that invoice total amount do not exceed the credit limit; except the last call before reaching the credit limit, international roaming, not more than 10% of the credit limit, if the customer requested to reconnect of service.
- The right to request service cancellation without personal attendance when identity verification tools are available.
- The right not to be subject to any financial charges, except those for the services subscribed to.
- The right to transfer a mobile number from service provider to another, according to the procedures and obligations of the Number Transfer Document.
- The right to service continuity, without cancellation: except by a legal request.
- The right of the service continuity, not to suspend or cancel the service, except by law.
- The right to obtain proof of service cancellation request. Not to charge any fees after the date of the cancellation request is submitted.
- The right to refund the excess paid amounts within (10) days from the date of notification, or transfer the credit to any other account for the customer, upon request.
- The right to request a suspension of service for a period not exceed 12 months; and to pay the recurrent fees for this period.
- The right not to have service charges estimated during an interruption period for which the service provider is responsible.
- The right not to charge service fees during interruption due to service provider.
- The right to complain to the service provider, through all available channels and obtain a complaint reference number.
- The right not to pay the amount, which the customer complained about during the allowed duration. Until his complaint is solved, the service should not be suspended or canceled.
- The right to solve customer`s complaint by the service provider within (5) days from the date of filing the complaint.
- The right to escalate the complaint to CITC, if the service provider did not solve the complaint in the allowed period or if the customer was not satisfied with the proposed solution.
- The right to have a settlement in accordance with the settlement mechanism applied in the company and in accordance with the regulations of the CITC, in the event that the service quality standards are not met, due to the service provider.
- To review the terms and conditions of the service carefully before subscription.
- To comply with the service terms and conditions; and to avoid the misuse of telecom services: such as conducting calls that violate the rules and regulations of conduct or that lead to threats or disturbance.
- To be responsible for all the numbers registered under the customer`s name and bear all required obligations accordingly.
- Check the validity of the invoice at the time of issue, adherence to the allowed period to complain regarding the validity of the invoice, before the issue of the next invoice.
- Pay due amounts to service provider within the specified periods in the invoice, in order to avoid suspension or cancellation of service.
- Follow instructions provided by service provider regarding using the service during international roaming, in order to avoid the high amount invoice. Regulation for Reduction of SPAM
User Rights during International Roaming:
Find out about your rights during international roaming according to the provisions of Regulations on the Protection of Rights of ICT Services' Users and on the Terms of ICT Service Provision issued by the Communications and Information Technology Commission in Shawwal 1441 H – June 2020 G.
You shall have the right to activate the international roaming internet service upon your request only and not to have it activated automatically. Further, you have to be notified through free SMS, in Arabic and English, once you contact to a network of third party communication services provider during international roaming, of the following important points at least:
- Prices of incoming voice calls.
- Prices of making voice calls and sending SMS to a number affiliated to a Saudi service provider.
- Prices of making voice calls and sending SMS to a number affiliated to the service provider in the roaming country.
- Prices of internet service in the same international roaming area.
- Data of access to the information of the communication prices to other countries.
- Free of charge mean of contact with the service provider during roaming.
- Any use restrictions during international roaming that result in increase in the bill amount.
- International roaming services shall not subject to your credit limit, except for internet use
- The unit price of each service in SAR.
- The service quality in the mobile communication network in other countries depends on the service provider in the roaming country.
- List of the plans offered by the service provider to the user in the roaming country, their advantages as well as how to subscribe thereto.
- For more information, please peruse “Regulations on the Protection of Rights of ICT Services' Users and on the Terms of ICT Service Provision