“STC Protect” is an exclusive service provided by STC to all customers who are subscribing to a device contract on the following plans: Postpaid 100, 200, 400+ and 800.
All customers who subscribe to any device contract on any of the plans specified above will get automatically enrolled to the service for one month, for the plans Postpaid 100, 200 and 400+ and for three months for Postpaid 800. The monthly subscription fee of 29 SAR (before VAT) will be waived by STC for the entire period automatically enrolled (1 month or 3 months).
In case the customer wishes to benefit from this service after the trial period he needs to subscribe by visiting any of our retail outlets or by sending 781 to 900 before the expiration of the trial period.
In case the customer has a claim during the trial period, he can still benefit of the service, but he needs to subscribe for the paid service (29 SAR/month before VAT). Customer will start paying 29 SAR/month (before VAT) after the trial period is over. The service contract period will be equal to the device contract period (12, 18 or 24 months).
For any claim, regardless of the time it occurs, the customer has to pay an excess fee of 349 SAR (before VAT).
CASES COVERED BY THE SERVICE:
- Technical faults.
- Cracked screens.
- Water damages.
- Devices replacement if needed.
- Faults not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
- Device pick-up and delivery.
Monthly service registration:
STC will waive the customers of smart-devices monthly installment programs for postpaid packages 100, 200 and 400+ from the first month subscription fees.
STC will waive the customers of Postpaid 800 from the first three months subscription fees.
"STC Protect” service fee is: SAR 29 per month under 12-, 18- or 24-month contract (according to the chosen period for the mobile phone contract), in addition to SAR 349 to be paid every time upon the approval of repairing or replacing the device.
The service call center number (08111700313)
How to Subscribe:
- Through the sales desks or by send 781 to 900.
Terms and Conditions1. Devices registered under STC PROTECT service, will be repaired or replaced in case of any accidental damage (like broken screen or liquid damage).
2. All devices under STC’s installment plans for postpaid are automatically enrolled in STC PROTECT. STC will waive the first monthly subscription of the service for customers on 100, 200 and 400+ and 3 months or customers on 800 plan) starting from device installment program activation date.
3. Customer must activate the STC PROTECT service for their full device installment contract duration via SMS, or at Retail POS before end of this trail period.
4. STC PROTECT installment customers are entitled to 2 repairs or 1 replacement during the device contract period. The decision to replace the device is solely with STC PROTECT service.
5. When a customer uses STC PROTECT during the free period for a Repair OR Replacement, their service is automatically extended as per the device installment contract period by asking the permission of the customer to subscribe to the service.
6. STC PROTECT cannot be extended after the trail period (30-Days for P100, P200 & P400+ and 90-Days for P800), and customer’s device will not be protected against accidental damage, liquid damage or any other damages outside of existing manufacturer’s warranty.
7. If customer has subscribed to paid service, he needs to continue for the duration of device installment contract. In case customer wants to cancel the service during paid period then he needs to pay the penalty which is the monthly subscription times remaining number of months (like the device installment contract).
8. In addition to monthly subscription fee, customer will be charged a service fee of 349 SAR (before VAT) for every repair/replacement. Service fee will ONLY be charged when customer utilizes the STC PROTECT service.
9. Only the actual device is repaired or replaced with a like for like device (i.e. same device in terms of make, model, memory and color; without any box or accessories). Accessories, covers, protectors, and manufacturer defects (under manufacturer warranty) are NOT included. Any damage affecting SIM card, accessories and applications are also excluded.
10. STC PROTECT customers will have the free of cost facility of pickup & drop-off service of device at their doorstep. STC PROTECT disclaims any ¬responsibility for any damage/loss of information in the device. Customer shall try to take backup, deactivate iCloud/Find My iPhone/ Google Account, before handing over the device for STC PROTECT service. Customer shall not handover any accessory (box, data cable, memory card or charger etc.) to STC PROTECT agent.
11. Repair or replacement process in main cities (Riyadh, Jeddah and Khobar) takes 3 to 5 working days from the receipt of the device and verification that Google Account/iCloud/Find My iPhone is turned off. Outside main cities, it will take up to 14 working days. Loan phone may be provided during the repair or replacement process if it exceeds 14 days for cases like parts/replacement stock issues from manufacturer (as we only use higher quality or A+ grade spare-parts following standard specifications), and liquid damage. For instances of fraud there may be a delay of up to 60 days.
12. Only registered and activated devices in STC PROTECT service are protected for the duration of their device installment contract with STC.
13. In case of repair or replacement, STC disclaims any responsibility for any loss of data or information in the device.
14. Customer agrees that STC will reveal part of my information if needed to a third-party company to assure quality of service.
15. STC or the third party reserves the right to verify the customer's service plan and device installment validity, at the time of receiving the device.