"STC Protect" is an exclusive service provided by STC to new STC customers subscribed to the smartphone postpaid bundles. This service ensures their mobile phones are fully protected against defects and damages that are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The subscription to the exclusive protection service will be activated upon signing the mobile contract and subscribing to any of the postpaid packages for smartphones. STC will waive the subscribers of Postpaid 100, 200 and 400+ Plans from the first monthly subscription of the service only if the subscriber activates it within 30 days from the signing date. Otherwise, subscription would be considered cancelled. STC will further waive the subscribers of Postpaid 800 plan for the first 3 months only if the subscriber activates it within 90 days. Otherwise, subscription would be considered cancelled. The service is activated through contacting the sales agent or sending 781 to 900. In case the customer needs to use the exclusive STC Protect service during the initial subscription period, he shall activate the service first to benefit from it.
CASES COVERED BY THE SERVICE:
- Technical faults.
- Cracked screens.
- Water damages.
- Device replacement with a new one.
- Faults not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
- Device pick-up and delivery.
Monthly service registration:
STC will waive the customers of smart-devices monthly installment programs for postpaid packages 100, 200 and 400+ from the first month subscription fees.
STC will waive the customers of Postpaid 800 from the first three months subscription fees.
"STC Protect” service fee is: SAR 29 per month under 12-, 18- or 24-month contract (according to the chosen period for the mobile phone contract), in addition to SAR 349 to be paid every time upon the approval of repairing or replacing the device.
The service call center number (08111700313)
How to Subscribe:
- Through the sales desks or by send 781 to 900.
Terms and Conditions1. Devices registered under STC PROTECT service, will be repaired or replaced in case of any accidental damage (like broken screen or liquid damage).
2. All devices under STC’s installment plans for postpaid are automatically enrolled in STC PROTECT. STC will waive the first monthly subscription of the service for customers on 100, 200 and 400+ and 3 months or customers on 800 plan) starting from device installment program activation date.
3. Customer must activate the STC PROTECT service for their full device installment contract duration via SMS, or at Retail POS before end of this trail period.
4. STC PROTECT installment customers are entitled to 2 repairs or 1 replacement during the device contract period. The decision to replace the device is solely with STC PROTECT service.
5. When a customer uses STC PROTECT during the free period for a Repair OR Replacement, their service is automatically extended as per the device installment contract period by asking the permission of the customer to subscribe to the service.
6. STC PROTECT cannot be extended after the trail period (30-Days for P100, P200 & P400+ and 90-Days for P800), and customer’s device will not be protected against accidental damage, liquid damage or any other damages outside of existing manufacturer’s warranty.
7. If customer has subscribed to paid service, he needs to continue for the duration of device installment contract. In case customer wants to cancel the service during paid period then he needs to pay the penalty which is the monthly subscription times remaining number of months (like the device installment contract).
8. In addition to monthly subscription fee, customer will be charged a service fee of 349 SAR (before VAT) for every repair/replacement. Service fee will ONLY be charged when customer utilizes the STC PROTECT service.
9. Only the actual device is repaired or replaced with a like for like device (i.e. same device in terms of make, model, memory and color; without any box or accessories). Accessories, covers, protectors, and manufacturer defects (under manufacturer warranty) are NOT included. Any damage affecting SIM card, accessories and applications are also excluded.
10. STC PROTECT customers will have the free of cost facility of pickup & drop-off service of device at their doorstep. STC PROTECT disclaims any ¬responsibility for any damage/loss of information in the device. Customer shall try to take backup, deactivate iCloud/Find My iPhone/ Google Account, before handing over the device for STC PROTECT service. Customer shall not handover any accessory (box, data cable, memory card or charger etc.) to STC PROTECT agent.
11. Repair or replacement process in main cities (Riyadh, Jeddah and Khobar) takes 3 to 5 working days from the receipt of the device and verification that Google Account/iCloud/Find My iPhone is turned off. Outside main cities, it will take up to 14 working days. Loan phone may be provided during the repair or replacement process if it exceeds 14 days for cases like parts/replacement stock issues from manufacturer (as we only use higher quality or A+ grade spare-parts following standard specifications), and liquid damage. For instances of fraud there may be a delay of up to 60 days.
12. Only registered and activated devices in STC PROTECT service are protected for the duration of their device installment contract with STC.
13. In case of repair or replacement, STC disclaims any responsibility for any loss of data or information in the device.
14. Customer agrees that STC will reveal part of my information if needed to a third-party company to assure quality of service.
15. STC or the third party reserves the right to verify the customer's service plan and device installment validity, at the time of receiving the device.