Terms and Conditions for Residential Services
This preamble as well as subsequent clauses thereof shall be deemed an integral part of contract’s clauses and complementary thereto as well as “company” or “service provider” herein shall refer to stc (first party), and “customer(s)” shall mean individual requesting the service (second party). stc (first party) is specialized in telecommunications, internet and content services provision field. Whereas customer (second party) desires to obtain services provided by (first party) as agreed in clauses hereof, information authentication has been agreed and signed. In addition, all stated herein have been approved upon customer’s review of components of service to which customer desire to subscribe via company’s official channels (official website stc.com.sa or mystc app). Further, components, terms and conditions of each package or service provided by company and installation method thereof have been explained to customer (either against or free of charge). Thus, customer enjoys due diligence knowledge, and became fully liable for all financial or legal obligations resulted from service towards company or any third party. In addition, customer shall be held liable for authentication of data and information filled thereby in service application form. Furthermore, customer shall be held fully liable for inauthenticity thereof. Further, customer shall notify the company of any change thereto.
General Terms & Conditions:1. The company shall provide the customer with required services upon fulfillment of all service's conditions and requirements as per technical capabilities available at customer's site and network resources.
2. Customer shall utilize services provided by company against fees specified in company’s services pricing. Further, company may decrease or increase such fees upon lapse of one year at least as from service installation/activation date for user, or expiry of contract’s minimum term, whichever is higher unless CITC establishes another term. In addition, user's approval to continue of service contract shall be obtained as per new amendments prior to enforcement thereof.
3. Service contract effective date shall commence by service activation for customer.
4. Customer shall comply with all company’s bylaws, regulations and provisions document.
5. Customer shall be exempted from incurring any costs in the event of company’s failure to deliver and activate the service on time. Further, company shall have the right of recovery of devices provided to customer prior to service activation on condition of non-use thereof or payment of costs of value thereof upon using.
6. In the event of non-provision of minimum download speed to user, service provider shall remedy the same in addition to fulfillment of obligations stated in CITC’s bylaws- including but not limited to- communications and IT services users’ rights protection regulations and services conditions and provision document. In the event that reason for non-provision of the minimum is due to connectors and equipment for which user is liable within site thereof is proven, appropriate solutions shall be proposed to user.
7. Customer shall acknowledge approval thereof to company’s collection and use of information thereof for provision and improvement of its services. Provided that company shall take all appropriate measures for protection of such information and its confidentiality. In addition, company shall not disclose the same to any party in any way except at CITC or any competent Authority request to ensure compliance with company’s privacy policies.
8. In the event of non-fulfillment of service quality standards because of service provider; settlement shall be done for customer in accordance with settlement mechanism applied in company and CITC’s bylaws.
9. User shall have the right to file a complaint to service provider regarding service thereof via any channel provided by company for such purpose (mystc 900 & outlets), provided that complaint filing date shall not exceed 60 days as from date of incident subject of complaint or issuance of invoice subject of objection, unless user’s unawareness of invoice or date of incident at that time was found, provided that complaint shall be addressed within five days as from dispute commencement date.
10. Customer may refer complaint thereof to CITC in the event of delay in resolving such complaint or dissatisfaction with addressing.
11. Home services are designed for normal home use only. Neither commercial nor legal entities shall be entitled to use such services. In the event of any defect or misuse of services in any manner harming the company or any customer thereof, or violating or misusing public morals in any way, company shall have the right to take measures that are deemed appropriate thereby to guarantee rights thereof including full or partial suspension of service in addition to charging customer with amounts resulting from misuse
12. User shall have the right to request the suspension of post-paid service for (12) twelve months at most. During suspension term, no fee shall be calculated excluding service suspension fees approved by CITC. In the event of minimum service contract, service provider may extend obligation term for term equal to service suspension term provided that user shall be notified thereof.
13. Customer shall not be entitled to claim provided number in the event of company’s failure to install such number. Excluding momaiz numbers for which a fee has been paid, and in the event of failure to install momaiz number thereof, such number shall be replaced with another momaiz number of same category.
14. For provision of the best quality of services, stc may store, maintain and share some data with telecommunication company and subsidiaries thereof while ensuring the use of the latest and most advanced data protection systems and procedures.
15. Company shall not be held liable for low quality of service in the event of transfer of service by customer. Further, customer shall be held liable for internal connectors in site thereof. In addition, customer shall maintain such connectors in the event of damage or tear thereof as well as ensure safety thereof prior to contacting the company to request technical support.
16. Customer’s utilization of company’s services shall not mean possession thereof by customer in any way. Therefore, customer shall only act in accordance with company’s applicable bylaws and regulations.
17. Customer may have full control over services to which customer subscribed and follow up service usage data continuously via mystc.
18. In the event of contradictory between Arabic and English texts herein applicable and approved text shall be Arabic text.
19. stc shall reserve the right of amendment, change or cancellation of loyalty programs. such as points expiry, transfer ratios or reward types and value. Further, company shall neither be held liable towards nor compensate loyalty programs’ members.
Billing & Credit Policies:
1. Services provided herein shall be subject to approved credit policy stating that: “Credit limit reduction may be requested, taking into account that upon reduction, credit limit shall amount to package’s minimum value at least, and shall not be raised except at customer’s request.” In the event of user’s request to amend package thereof to package of fees higher than credit limit, such request shall mean raise of credit limit card automatically to new package’s value as a minimum.
2. Total invoice amount shall not exceed credit limit; except for last call prior to reaching credit limit in addition to increase by 10% at most of credit limit, in the event that customer requests return of service.
3. Term of objection to invoice's validity shall expire upon lapse of (60) days as from its issuance date unless user’s unawareness of invoice was found. Further, invoices’ details shall not be provided upon lapse of 12 months as from its issuance date unless there is a dispute.
4. Customer shall pay accumulated fees due for services provided thereto or any amounts allocated on service in real-time within dates specified in invoice. Further, customer shall be held fully liable for all obligations arising from use of such service. In the event of non-payment or cancellation of such service, company shall reserve the right to add overdue amounts to invoice for any other previous service on customer's account. In the event of non-payment of amounts due to company by customer upon lapse of 60 days as from invoice issuance date, company shall have the right of cancellation of service unless such amounts are subject of dispute. Further, company shall perform all deemed appropriate thereby by resorting to competent authorities for reservation of its rights and include customer’s name in list of parties prohibited from transaction therewith. In the event of litigation, competent court located in Riyadh shall be competent court to consider the dispute between parties (place of litigation shall be company’s head office).
5. Company shall have the right to exchange customer's credit information with other credit centers such as (simah).
6. All internal and local calls to landlines within stc network scope shall be free and valid for all packages except for 700 service, 905 Yellow Pages and my prayer time service 1222, which are. independent services. Call’s value shall be charged to customers upon calling such services.
7. In some events, obtaining the service may require the payment of security deposit specified by service provider. Further, service provider shall refund such deposit, or remaining balance thereof to user upon deduction of any amount due to service provider for reason of requesting such deposit via any mean requested by user including deposit of security deposit or its remaining balance in user’s bank account or user’s account with service provider around date of security deposit requesting reason expiry or service cancellation, or lapse of one year as from security deposit payment date as per the following :
7.1. Customer shall have the right of recovery of full security deposit within 10 days via transfer of such deposit to bank account thereof or within 5 days at most in the event of user’s request to add such deposit to any account thereof with service provider in the event of non-installation of required service due to technical obstacles.
7.2. Customer shall pay security deposit via payment channels within 5 days as from request service text message receipt date so that request shall not be canceled.
7.3. In consideration of all stipulated in communications and IT services users’ rights protection regulations and services conditions and provision document, customer shall have the right of recovery of security deposit upon deduction of company’s dues.
7.4. Customer shall have the right of recovery of full security deposit within 10 days via transfer of such deposit to bank account thereof or within 5 days at most in the event of user’s request to add such deposit to any account thereof with service provider in the event of non-installation of required service due to technical obstacles.
Fixed Bundles & Services:1. Company provides internet packages (baity DSL, baity fiber 100, baity + DSL Jawwy TV, baity fiber 200 + Jawwy TV, baity fiber 500 + Jawwy TV under 12-month subscription contract. Such term shall be calculated as from service activation date in company’s systems.
2. Company provides some limited monthly use packages and services that are monthly renewed. Further, customer shall not be entitled to claim unused data or minutes of lapsed month to be transferred to subsequent months unless such data or minutes are additional data or minutes that were purchased by additional amounts. Furthermore, such data or minutes shall expire upon lapse of thirty days as from purchase date, even in the event of non-use thereof. In addition, company shall have the right to change such data or minutes from time to time whenever required upon lapse of one year at least as from service installation/activation date for user, or expiry of contract’s minimum term, whichever is sooner unless CITC establishes another term. In addition, user's approval to continue of service contract shall be obtained as per new amendments prior to enforcement thereof.
3. Company shall provide all packages at customer’s site and provide Internet speeds within approved speed limits for each package as per its features, available technical capabilities and all established by approved laws. Further, company shall guarantee the minimum Internet speeds (download) provided to customers as per the following:
3.1. Fiber: At least 50% of speed to which customer subscribed.
3.2. DSL: Maximum speed supported by customer's line
4. Company provides prepaid internet services (baity fiber 100 MB for 6 months + one month free, baity fiber 100 MB for 12 months + two months free of charge. In the event of installation of such services, such services shall not be transferred from one site to another.
Fixed wireless packages and services:
1. Company provides internet packages (unlimited baity 4G, baity 4G 150GB, baity 4G 100GB, and baity 4G 50Mbps under 12-month subscription contract). Further, company provides packages (unlimited baity 5G, baity 5G 200Mbps, and baity 5G 100GB under 18-month subscription contract. Such term shall be calculated as from service activation date in company’s systems
2. Company shall offer all packages at customer’s site and provide Internet speeds within approved speed limits for each package as per its features, available technical capabilities and all established by approved laws. Further, company shall guarantee the minimum Internet speeds (download) provided to customers as per the following:
2.1. FWA At least 50% of speed to which customer subscribed.
3. Company provides some limited monthly use packages and services that are monthly renewed. Further, customer shall not be entitled to claim unused data of lapsed month to be transferred to subsequent months unless such data is additional data that was purchased by additional amounts. Furthermore, such data shall expire upon lapse of thirty days as from purchase date, even in the event of non-use thereof. In addition, company shall have the right to change such data from time to time whenever required upon lapse of one year at least as from service installation/activation date for user, or expiry of contract’s minimum term, whichever is sooner unless CITC establishes another term. In addition, user's approval to continue of service contract shall be obtained as per new amendments prior to enforcement thereof.
4. Company provides Internet services (baity 4G 500GB) prepaid (for six months).
5. Company provides unlimited 5G 200Mbps wireless package with speed up to 200Mbps, In addition to, baity 4G 50Mbps package with speed up to 50Mbps. Such packages shall be provided with SIM locking feature on router provided to customer with service upon new installation, so that such SIM shall not be activated on another device. In addition to, limited coverage within house range, along with temporarily site lock removal feature twice a month. In the event of customer's request to transfer service site to new site by calling subscriber services or visiting nearest company’s branch, user may try and return service for free (within 3 working days) as from service activation time in systems upon receipt of service device.
6. In the event of SIM loss, stc shall be notified immediately so that customer releases liability thereof from any future consequences that may result from number registered in name thereof.
1. Customer acknowledges approval thereof on devices/technical solutions provided by company for service operation at customer's site. (As per indicated in devices & technologies form).
2. Company shall guarantee the performance of devices provided to customer for two years as from customer’s receipt of device. In the event of device’s malfunction or inefficiency, including resulting from fair wear and tear of networks and devices, or manufacturing defect thereof during guarantee term, company shall repair or replace such device with the same or similar type for free. Further, company shall have the right to direct the customer directly to device’s authorized agent for performance of required maintenance during such term.
3. Customer shall be severally held liable for protection of devices provided by company against viruses and parasitic or harmful programs that may affect devices thereof.
4. Company shall provide all devices required for operation of packages and services at customer’s house for once upon new installation of service (excluding Jawwy TV Home service). Further, customer shall pay value of devices provided thereto by company. In addition, such value shall be added to invoice, whether in monthly installments or fully as per service type at customer’s request unless service package includes additional fees/costs for installation purpose as well as devices value. In the event of service cancellation and re-installation or switching between packages by customer, devices shall not be re-provided thereto. In the event of customer’s desire to re-obtain any service devices, customer shall pay such devices’ value by addition thereof to invoice, whether in monthly installments or fully, as per service type at customer’s request.
Change responsibility, Change and Cancellation of Services:
1. Packages/services amendment and cancellation policies state the following:
1.1. Customer may request the amendment of any home internet service, in addition to cancellation of keys via any following channel: Calling customer service center 900, via mystc app or visiting any stc office
1.2.Jawal key cancellation policies state the following:
1.2.1. Jawal key “without contract” at 172.5 SAR/month (700 minutes/month for any mobile phone): Customer may cancel such service without any condition.
1.2.2. Jawal key “under 12 month contract” at 136.85 SAR/month (700 minutes/month for any mobile phone): In the event of customer’s request to cancel such key prior to completion of contract term, a one-time fine of 136.85 SAR shall be charged.
1.2.3. Suspension of service by stopping outgoing services only for (15) days at least prior to cancellation process. In all event, ensuring user’s ability to receive incoming calls as well as contact emergency services and service provider's contact numbers.
2. Customer shall have the right of cancellation of prepaid services as follows:
2.1. Prepaid Fiber: Customer may recover all amounts paid thereby in the event of failure of service installation.
2.2. Prepaid Wireless baity: customer shall have the right to request cancellation of service and recovery of paid amounts in the event of failure of service installation or customer’s non-desire of service, provided that service cancellation and paid amounts recovery request shall be made 72 hours prior to service delivery to customer on condition of non-consumption data exceeding 100 MB of service’s data. In addition, service device shall be in its original condition of receipt.
3.Company shall have the right of suspension or cancellation of service for any following reason:
3.1. Failure to provide security deposit requested by company in the event that such deposit is requested as per all stated in communications and IT services users’ rights protection regulations, services conditions, and provision document in accordance with approved procedures.
3.2. Customer’s failure to comply with deferred payment “in installments” agreement's provisions as per company’s deferred payment plan in such regard.
3.3. Hindrance of company's technician’s work by customer in the event of requirement of access to service site including peripheral devices at least three times per year.
3.4. Violation of any terms or conditions included in communications and IT services users’ rights protection regulations and services conditions and provision document or herein by customer.
3.5. Non-payment of company's dues by customer, unless such dues are subject of dispute.
3.6. Customer’s non-response to update of data thereof when required, or provision of false or forged data or information to company is proven
3.7. In the event of customer’s death, company shall suspend the service as from date of notification or knowledge of death. Further, (within 30 days as from date of notification or knowledge) the heirs may choose to continue and transfer service to either thereof, who shall incur all subscriber or service cancellation’s rights and liabilities.
3.8. In the event of requirement for leave of site on which service is installed due to site demolition or unusability thereof for any reason beyond user's control, service provider shall cancel the service as from date of notification thereof. In addition, user shall not incur any amounts resulting from cancellation. Further, customer shall settle and pay dues thereof
3.9. In the event of delivery of request for suspension or cancellation by CITC.
4. Customer may assign the service to another customer on condition of absence of unpaid (and undisputed) dues to company on service subject to assignment or assignee as per approved procedures as well as each package or service policy.
5. In the event of termination of service contract due to package cancellation, non-payment or assignment of service, or transfer of number to another operator prior to contract expiry, customer shall pay contract termination fine as per package or service whose contract is terminated as follows:
5.1. 57.50 SAR for each month remaining in contract thereof for fixed packages.
5.2. 28.75 SAR for each month remaining in contract thereof for 4G services.
5.3. 115 SAR for each month remaining in contract thereof for 5G services.
6. Customer may reduce fixed package thereof in same technology by one-time fee of 115 SAR.
7. Customer shall have the right to switch fixed wireless access packages in consideration of terms and conditions, as follows:
7.1. baity 5G package’s customers shall be entitled to switch packages in same technology once per month.
7.2. baity 4G package’s customers shall be entitled to switch packages in the same technology once per month.
Jawwy Tv Home:
1. Company shall provide Jawwy TV Home service to customer via service’s apps.
2. Company may rely on another service provider’s networks or services for provision of final service to customer. Further, company shall be first and liable party for such service. In addition, company shall not be held liable for Jawwy TV service’s broadcast channels’ content as such service is provided via content service provider’s network (Integral). Furthermore, company shall not be held liable for any changes to TV packages. In addition, without notice to customer, company shall have the right to change additional TV packages or its channels’ content as per source of such channels.
3. For obtaining the best quality of Jawwy TV service, internet speed shall amount 6MB at least. By using both internet and Jawwy TV at the same time, performance of either thereof may affect the other. Further, increased number of internet users at home may affect Jawwy TV Home service’s quality.
4. Jawwy TV Service shall only operate on Internet line to which customer subscribed.
The Open Access Network:
1. Customer may utilize the Open access network as follows:
1.1. Request for installation of stc’s services on another operator's network by submission of request from any stc's outlets.
1.2. Request for installation of stc’s services on another operator's network by submission of request from any stc's outlets.
1.3. Change of technology to service existing on another operator's network by submission of request from any stc's outlets.
1.4. Transfer of service from stc to another operator by submission of request from operator to whom service shall be transferred. Further, final invoice including all amounts due to company by customer shall be issued to customer.