Physical linking of an operator’s IP network with the IP equipment or facilities that belong to another operator’s network. It will allow customers to make an IP call, enabling all the features of enriched calling, to another subscriber on another IP network. It is the linking of two or more operators’ networks, either domestically within a country or internationally, so that the calls remain entirely on IP network infrastructure and do not fall back to older legacy services during call routing.
Features and benefits:
- Providing different speed ranges
- Calls remain entirely on IP network infrastructure and do not fall back to older legacy services during call routing
- Provide operators with scalability and increased reachability of IP-based communications services
- Enable operators to reach contacts seamlessly across networks
- Enable operators to reduce/replace their legacy TDM based interconnection