stc offers domestic bidirectional point-to-point transmission capacity for voice, data, video, and internet services allowing national operators and service providers to extend their reach across stc’s national network.
stc delivers intra-city services for local transmission providing access to connect local exchanges or network elements such as Base Transceiver Stations (BTS).
In addition, stc offers inter-city connectivity between local switches or network elements, such as between BTS and Base Station Controllers. It is an ideal way to connect mobile base stations with other operator infrastructure.
Features and benefits:
- Consolidate voice, data, video and Internet transmission channels onto a single, high-capacity optical backbone.
- Ability to tailor the bandwidth to the need of every location and/or application.
- Easy migration to higher bandwidth.
- Network supports all ITU interface standards with varying speeds
- Reliability and 24x7x365 network monitoring and management
- Send transmissions with high accuracy and exceptional system availability
- Virtually eliminate downtime because redundancy is built in at every level.
- Flexible, reliable and scalable with capacity allocated to each customer on an individual basis depending on their needs using self-healing rings to rapidly restore communications in the event of a node failure or fiber cut. stc has nine Self- Healing Rings and more than 49 Virtual Rings with 24x7x354 monitoring and restoration.
- stc's broad network reach provides service to inaccessible areas for national operators through inter-city and intra-city transmission links and has the largest coverage of any operator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.