stc offers two types of National Interconnect services for licensed mobile and fixed-line operators in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Through its Customer Sited Interconnect (CSI) offering, stc provides fixed transmission capacity for voice traffic between its network and the network of a national operator.
Each end of the interconnect link is located in the network of the participating operators with the Point of Interconnection located at the Digital Distribution Frame within the national operator's premises.
The In Span Interconnect (ISI) offering provides fixed transmission capacity for voice traffic between stc’s network and the network of a national licensed operator.
Each end of the interconnection link is located in the network of each operator.
The Point of Interconnection is located in the Footway Box installed on the premises containing the national operator's Switch Connection.
Features and benefits:
- Call routing availability
- Reliability using stc network
- Proactive monitoring and management
- Scalability with multiple bandwidth options
- stc will provide most of the national call routing on its network which saves OLO from inefficiently adding excessive transmission for kingdom wide interconnectivity.
- The same interconnect links will provide connectivity to all off-net calls originating from OLO and destined to STC fixed and mobile lines.
- Interconnect links have high reliability and are subject to proactive monitoring and management.
- With multiple bandwidth options, Interconnect links are scalable and thus could be dimensioned more efficiently.