Install a platform for voice, video and messaging communications for IP enabled networks
- High Quality Voice calls: 1 to 1 and conference calls
- High Quality Video calls (up to 1080P Resolution): 1 to 1 and conference calls
- Instant Messaging: Users will have a messaging application for their internal communications (exchange text, group text, attachments … etc.)
- Computer Telephony Integration: The platform can integrate with many computer applications and provide limitless productivity functionalities. For example, the platform can integrate with MS Outlook to directly initiate phone calls or video meetings directly from an email feed
- Enterprise features: The platform can integrate with enterprise applications to allow additional services and features (i.e. voice recording, billing, auditing, voice mail … etc.)
- Boundless communication platform: user will enjoy the freedom to make calls from anywhere there is an internet protocol (IP) network.
- Manways to communicate: users will be able to conduct voice, video or even text calls. These calls can be 1 to 1 or 1 to many high-quality calls.
- Unique conferencing experience: with this technology, users will have the ability to conduct real-time high-quality video conferences at up to 1080p resolution. This enables businesses to discuss and conduct deals with partners and customer without leaving their head-offices.
- Interpretable with other applications: The technology allows the platform to integrate with other applications and expand on its functionalities. For example, system admins can integrate the IP phones with an auditing & recording application to monitor the performance of employees or record calls for quality assurance.
- Flexible Operation and Maintenance: just like other IT systems, the IP telephony infrastructure can be monitored and operated centrally. It requires much less trained staff to operate the infrastructure as well less time to resolve issues
- A Collaboration Platform: they system applications extends way beyond the traditional telephony capabilities. Organizations can use the platform as a unified collaboration zone where people can get together anytime to cooperate, share ideas and work on complex issues.
- Highly scalable solution: Enterprises can start with few phones and/or video points, and expand to virtually any number of phones very efficiently. Organizations could save on capital and only pay for what they need now, without compromising on their future growth and expansion plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the IP telephony and how is it different from other telephony systems?
Traditionally, telephony networks have been run over copper wires and used analog or digital encoding of real-time communication data. This limitation prevented other types of communications like video and texts to be efficiently transmitted over the legacy telephony networks. Old telephony technologies suffer from low quality of voice and created a limit of what multimedia can be transmitted. This limitation makes the old telephony unsuitable for today’s communications. In addition, old telephony systems are very difficult to monitor, secure, operate, maintain, and integrate with other enterprise systems for additional functionalities. On the other hand, the IP Telephony enables high quality multimedia communications over any IP network. It allows for a very flexible implementation of telephony services to exchange high quality real-time voice, video, data and other media streams. It is also easy to monitor, operate and maintain. It offers a great flexibility to adapt to new changes and can integrate with enterprise applications for additional customized features.
What are the components of the IP Telephony platform?
A simplifies and typical IP telephony system consists of the following components:
Front end components: These are the components that users will be using to make and receive multimedia calls (voice, video and other media data). The front-end components include, IP phones, meeting rooms video cameras as well as soft mobile (and desktop) soft-client or messenger application. These components are made user friendly so users can adopt to using them easily & quickly.
Back end components: These are the physical servers that will run the IP Telephony system core applications. They represent the brain for the system and will perform all the functionalities, features and call routing. They are usually a complex array of interconnected services that together function as a unified platform. Operating and maintaining these servers will generally require special skills and trained staff.
Edge components: The components that isolate the enterprise network from the outside is called the edge components. They perform an important role in protecting the telephony systems from unwanted traffic and regulate policies for what calls are allowed into and out of the enterprise network. These are very critical components and should be handled by an experienced staff to optimally secure the internal systems.
How can we get the IP Telephony platform?
There are several ways where stc can help organizations to revolutionize their current phone system with the latest IP Telephony system. In general, stc would offer an assessment for the customer current environment to advice on the optimal choice. Please get in touch with us through one of stc business channels and we will be glad to help.
Request a Form
Please select a PDF form, from dropdown list bellow.
To subscribe please print and fill the form then send it to your account manager or visit any of our outlet to submit.