Oct 12, 2016
Strategic Alliance Between STC and GE in Industrial Internet Technologies
In the presence of HRH Prince Saud bin Naif bi Abdulaziz Governor of The Eastern Region, STC represented by Dr.Khaled Biyari group CEO and GE represented by Hisham Bahkali President & CEO, Saudi Arabia & Bahrain signed a strategic alliance around GE’s Industrial Internet technologies to drive accelerated growth for both companies in Saudi Arabia. STC and GE shall collaborate in line with the KSA transformation “Strategy of 2030” in the area of digital transformation to drive measurable improvements in access, quality, costs, and efficiency in all industries and government services. The alliance will deliver a continuum of services from initial discovery, strategic management consulting, IoT project delivery and training; in doing so the two organizations will provide a complete end-to-end value proposition to their customers.
STC Group CEO, Dr. Khalid Biyari said, “STC is at the forefront of the Digital Transformation of the Saudi economy. The combination of STC’s strength in connectivity, cloud and managed services and IoT solutions along with GE’s digital industrial technologies will provide our mutual clients the ability to transform themselves into the Industrial Internet with unparalleled 360 degree view of their assets and let them take advantage of the leading edge IoT applications that we will develop.”
Dr. Sultan Binsaeed, CEO of STC Solutions, added “We will provide a complete end-to-end value proposition to our customers. We will jointly go to market and develop long-term durable alliances for target accounts with a focus on quantifiable, rapid return on investment for both GE and STC. STC Solutions is confident that the platform will enable STC to rapidly progress with different IoT applications deployments and add value to STC customers on this very promising technology with leaps and bounds in the very near future”
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies