Jan 08, 2017
STC Announces the successful conduct of a 5G test, reaching a phenominal speed of 70 Gega bit per second
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has successfully carried out a unique experiment, leading towards the successful deployment of the much anticpitaed Fifth Generation Mobile Services. This test sets a new record in the speed of mobile data services, which in no doubt will lead to a new revolution in mobile network applications and services.
Nasser Al-Nasser, Senior Vice President, Technology and Operations, STC, said: “This great result will in no doubt ensure STC’s pioneering position in the new telecom market. Acheveing a 70 Gbps is a result of great achievemnts. This test underpins our commitment to explore and lead the latest 5G technologies, amongst others. This is in no doubt will boost the overall service experience for our deserving customers and will fulfill the ever increasing demand for new high-speed quality services. I am very delighted to announce this landmark achievement on the roadmap to the 5G Era.”
- Governor of Qassim: STC is our strategic partner in implementing our new technical initiative
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.