Jan 08, 2017
STC Announces the successful conduct of a 5G test, reaching a phenominal speed of 70 Gega bit per second
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has successfully carried out a unique experiment, leading towards the successful deployment of the much anticpitaed Fifth Generation Mobile Services. This test sets a new record in the speed of mobile data services, which in no doubt will lead to a new revolution in mobile network applications and services.
Nasser Al-Nasser, Senior Vice President, Technology and Operations, STC, said: “This great result will in no doubt ensure STC’s pioneering position in the new telecom market. Acheveing a 70 Gbps is a result of great achievemnts. This test underpins our commitment to explore and lead the latest 5G technologies, amongst others. This is in no doubt will boost the overall service experience for our deserving customers and will fulfill the ever increasing demand for new high-speed quality services. I am very delighted to announce this landmark achievement on the roadmap to the 5G Era.”
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies
- STC wins the Speed test Award for SAUDI ARABIA'S FASTEST MOBILE internet for the second time
- STC Receives Brand Finance Award As the Most Valuable Brand in the Middle East
- STC announces cooperation agreements with its major international partners and suppliers to build future expertise and transfer state-of-the-art knowledge to Saudi young graduates.
- CITC Governor: STC is the Ideal Saudi ICT Representative in International Forums