May 13, 2015
Saudi Telecom signed a partnership agreement with (Etisalat Company Agreement) for Interconnection between Multiprotocol Label Switching networks (MPLS)
STC announced during the International Telecom Week “ITW”, in Chicago , United States of America , the signing of a bilateral partnership agreement with (Etisalat Group) for Interconnection Networks MPLS (multiprotocol label switching), which allows to provide Communications and Information Technology services with high quality and efficiency for customers sector clients in Saudi Arabia and the (United Arab Emirates) through the latest networks technology of MPLS, and will be able through that binding to serve the regional and global business sector clients. The agreement is considered as an extension of mutual cooperation among the largest providers of telecommunications services in the region, through which the two companies will be able to provide an important segment of the business sector clients with advanced communications services and to meet the great demand for the quality of services and the new added services. The agreement was signed by the wholesale sector vice president. Dr Homoud Al Kussayer, who is stressed the desire of Saudi Telecom to provide the best services to the company customers both inside and outside the Kingdom, with the highest level of quality and efficiency through a strong infrastructure and latest global network .
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies