Feb 25, 2016
(STC) Selects Juniper Networks Technology to Build and Deploy the Largest Internet Gateway Backbone in the Middle East
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the largest telecommunications company by market capitalization, total revenue and number of employees in the Arab world, has for the first time in the region deployed Juniper Networks® PTX5000 Series Packet Transport Routers to expand its fixed and mobile Internet backbone.
The new backbone will enable STC to handle services and functions that can scale seamlessly in order to keep pace with growing customer demand. The expansion project is designed to provide ultra-high speed Internet access to 3G/4G and fixed subscribers in many locations throughout the Middle East. In addition to the PTX Series, the project also includes Juniper’s SDN-ready MX2020 3D Universal Edge Router, the industry’s highest throughput edge router. This choice of systems was especially valuable to STC, as the company was able to easily integrate the new equipment running on the Juniper Networks Junos® operating system without disruption to existing network operations.
- The new multi-terabit per second magnitudes will meet the fast-rising demand for high-speed Internet connectivity.
- The new expanded network will provide a major increase in capacity with international providers. This will also help accommodate national and international customers who share critical voice, data and multimedia applications between facilities.
“We invest in our network to stay ahead of our customers’ ever increasing expectations for more bandwidth and new applications and services. Juniper’s innovative technologies allow us to maintain our market leadership and future-proof our business through the deployment of state-of-the-art technologies. This is an impressive leap forward in network capacity and performance to meet customer expectations.”
- Eng. Nasser Al Nasser, senior vice president for technology and operations at Saudi Telecom Company
“Traffic dynamics like mobility, video and cloud-based services are transforming traditional networks. STC has moved quickly to accommodate the constant increase in Internet traffic and continues to enhance its business through innovation. Juniper is committed to helping STC create unprecedented network scale and the freedom to create new virtualized services anywhere in the world without sacrificing the service experience.”
- Adrian Pickering, vice president, Middle East and Africa at Juniper Networks
- Strategic Alliance Between STC and GE in Industrial Internet Technologies
- STC showcasing latest innovative solutions at GITEX 2016
- STC Solutions Ranks 1st in IT Services provision market
- STC achieved the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the Largest human image of a country/continent
- Al-Suwaiyel Inaugurates Most Modern Marine Cable in Yanbu