Mar 01, 2017
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) unveils its future network vision highlighting its commitments to offer world class communication services in the Kingdom - “STC Leap”.
As a leader in offering latest communication services, STC announces its ambitious plans to transform the communication landscape in the country using state of the art technology to offer cutting edge services to its customers all across the kingdom. Barcelona, Spain, MWC 2017 – STC today announces its network strategy, entitled “STC Leap”, as it enters into a new world of Extreme broadband, massive connectivity, ultra-reliability and ultra-low latency. This will impact both fixed and mobile networks, aiming at infinite speeds, unlimited capacity and infinite connectivity possibilities. STC believes communication will penetrate to every aspect of future society connecting everything with everything with immersive services triggering data demands of 1000s of times experienced today. This is termed as “End of the beginning”. STC believes its future network will offer the seamless connectivity between people and everything in Gbps speeds. This needs to be energy and cost effective. With diverse IoT services ranging from connected machines, smart grid, V2X (Vehicle to anything), smart cities and mobile health, network reach is one of the corner stones to offer the seamless connectivity experience to the customers. This makes it imperative for STC to contemplate the future needs with a pragmatic approach. Today’s preparations and decisions will in no doubt have profound effect on future societies. Speed and accuracy are keys to future success, which is exactly what we have learnt from our past. Eng. Abdullah A. Al Zmame, Vice President, Network, STC, said: “New exciting developments in the field of communications have helped us understand the shape of our future communications possibilities. The advent of concepts such as: Cloud Computing, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and edge data centers are expected to bring limitless new possibilities. Today’s science fiction concepts like augmented reality, virtual reality, ultra-high-definition (UHD), 3D video are expected to be normal services in tomorrow’s daily life without which it will be difficult to carry out our daily tasks.”
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies