Feb 29, 2016
STC received the Excellence Award for its leadership in the growth of the 4G communications market globally
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) obtained the “Excellence” award, organized by the Global Forum for Developers of the Fourth Generation Communications Market (GTI), for its leadership and contribution to the growth and development of the 4G market globally.
The award was received by Engineer Abdullah Alzamami, Vice President of Networks, during an awards ceremony that was held as part of the events of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
It is noteworthy that this award is dedicated to honour operators who have contributed significantly to the growth of the fourth generation network TDD-LTE in terms of development and expansion of the 4G network, as well as the volume and spread of customers.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies