Jul 16, 2017
Governor of Qassim: STC is our strategic partner in implementing our new technical initiative
HRH prince Faisal bin Mishaal Al Saud, governor of Qassim, stated that “Saudi Telecom Company (STC) services emulates the best global peers, and we see innovation and quality of services on our national company”.
After signing the technological agreement between the governorate and the company, in addition to launching several technological agreements in the governorate, his highness added: “ we value and thank STC for the services offered and yet to offer in Qassim and all around the kingdom, it is truly the strategic partner on which we depend to implement different initiatives specially regarding IT security and antiviruses, STC will participate largely in the smart technical transformation which we strongly seek to provide convenient service for nationals and residents and to create integrated smart and paperless environment, we in the governorate of Qassim in cooperation with STC are the pioneers in activating this trend which complies with the goals of 2030 vision”.
In his speech he stressed on that: “we are on the era of technological challenges and we have no choice but to deal with it as the means of progress, praising the partnership between the IT department in the governorate and STC, emphasizing the importance of joint work and integrity between government agencies and projects to accomplish the desired aim”.
From his side, Nasser Al Nasser, Technology & Operations SVP, thanked the prince for his evaluation of STC services stressing that:” this is a strong motivation to continue and improve the work in the region and all around the kingdom in order to accomplish our government`s endeavors to improve technology services, mentioning the allocation of SR80mn to improve Qassim infrastructure. He added:” the cooperation with Qassim governorate is the best model of partnership between public and private sectors.
He stated that the partnership with Qassim governorate aims to transfer it to a smart region including: telecom services, network connections, IT, crises management, IP telephony, smart zone project, DDos.
The agreement was signed by Dr. Abdurrahman Alwazzan from Qassim governorate and Suleiman Al Nasser form STC, attended by seniors from the public sector in the region and Dr. Mohammad Al Nasser, Qassim Distract Director.
- Governor of Qassim: STC is our strategic partner in implementing our new technical initiative
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.